Cave Tubing and Ziplining

smacksgirl11

We leave on the Crown on Saturday. We have booked this company for our stop in Belize(cavetubing AND zipline) on April 3. I will let you know how it goes. I am pretty nervous about it, but, have researched them extensively and all should go well.

Marie

When we cave-tubed with another vendor, the guide pointed out an older school bus coming in as we were leaving (around 1:30P ship) and said they went zip-lining first and still had to go cavetubing as zip lining is at a different place. We were at the cave-tubing venue around 10:30 and off the waterby 12:30, then lunch. So if that was true, depending on which ship the folks were on, it would have been cutting it close back to the dock.

I'm looking into using them as well for our upcoming cruise. While I don't have personal experience, the tripadvisor ratings are about as high as they can be:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291968-d1214839-Reviews-Belize_Cave_Tubing_and_ATV_Jungle_Tours-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

Based on these multitude of reviews, I think we will be using them, and saving half off the ship price!

We leave on the Crown on Saturday. We have booked this company for our stop in Belize(cavetubing AND zipline) on April 3. I will let you know how it goes. I am pretty nervous about it, but, have researched them extensively and all should go well.

Marie

Great, cant wait to hear back! Have a great cruise :o)

We used cavetubing.bz---I'm guessing they all use the same place to zipline and cave tubing! Cave tubing was great--will leave it at that

If you have never ziplined before, this would probably be a very good place to start! I say that as there are only 5 lines--they say 10 platforms--yes, bu tonly 5 lines! And they are very tame, but still enough height to make your knees wobble a bit!! But they do the breaking I think on 3 out of the 5 lines!! They do have a 6th line that is much higher up and longer in length. I'm sure all will have fun, but if you have zip lined before, you may find it a bit tame! I compare it to the one by us in Managua Nicaragua, think there are 16 lines and on some of them you can go upside down and superman--ur not going to be doing that in Belize! Which is fine for many,lol The zip line operators were a fun bunch and explained some of the trees, animals, etc that lived in the area.

If there are a lot of ships in the area, expect it to be a zoo!! They set a 1 day record back in Dec--Around 950 people though in 1 day!!

This is my very first time zip lining so it should be perfect for me. I can understand how it may have been a bit underwhelming for you though. There are 4 ships in port so think it will be a zoo!

Marie

I'm sure you will still have a fun time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We used them in March - 3/20/13. Absolutely no problems!

I did ATV and cave tubing, hubby did zipline and cave tubing. We each did our own activity and then met up for the cave tubing. Speedy and company were great, and we're both agreed we want to do this tour again.

We got back to the pier around 2:30/3pm ish ship time. We were on the NCL Dawn and had plenty of time to shop and still not be on last tender. Actually we had enough time to go to the thermal spa for an hour or 2 before dinner.

ATV - bring your camera! The guides will stop every so often and take pics. I think zipline will do the same but hubby forgot to ask... and forgot the camera period~

I'll be glad to answer any other questions ;-}

Just wanted to update that our plans changed for Belize so we did not zipline/cave tube. I am glad you were able to get some recent feedback. With the research and feedback you've been given, I wouldn't hesitate to use them. Happy cruising!

Archived