Carnival Dream:Got Refund?

I received an email from CCL regarding my $100 Future Cruise Voucher that was redeemed for this cruise. They approved the refund and will be posting $100 to my Visa ... Was impressed that they responded to that within 1 day of my e-mail ... So I'm all refunded now ... :)

Received an advertisement that should help you understand the association of CCL entities.

Since you seem ill informed, here is the information from the CCL website:

Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises (UK), and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain; and P&O Cruises (Australia) in Australia.

Slide1.jpg.f6c760164f4e9a8c0b530d9717113909.jpg

We got email today confirming our refund amount, Carnival is reimbursing everything we submitted to them. We submitted all of our travel expenses (we drive to ports) so we submitted all of our gas, hotel and food receipts and they are sending us a check for the entire amount we submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone received their refund for the Dream cruise that was cancelled from 3/16 to 3/23? CCR said 10 days and we are past that on the calendar.

What part of the refund do you mean? My reimbursement for the cruise itself hit my credit card long ago. Reimbursement for the travel expenses takes longer. If you haven't gotten reimbursement for the cruise itself yet, I would call them. Call Guest Admin. The long phone wait has now dissipated.

I'm so sad that cruise got cancelled.:(:(:( I rebooked the same ship & itinerary for July, but I much prefer going in March when the weather here is crappy. Someone else on CC from the 3/16 cruise will be on the one in July too. At least I will get to meet 1 person from that trip. Funny thing is,through her, I found out about a cruise in May leaving from a port just a couple of hrs. from me & we'll now be seeing each other on that cruise as well. :D

I hope you were able to get a good replacement cruise booked.

Was on the dream that was stuck in St.Maarten. Nothing at all from Carnival. Our letter from the Captain said refund within 3 weeks. We'll see!

Wish I had been on that one instead. You all got a way better compensation deal than we did. Hope you get your refund soon. At least your not worrying about needing it for a rebook.

We received ours the other day back on our Credit card. It was for the cruise only.

We received a letter today saying that they will not refund our flights as they talked to Sun Country and we have a "flight credit" and Carnival will gladly pay the $200.00 for flight transferring. I have no idea how long this is good for? We were not planning on flying for another year. Not too happy about that as in their statement, they said they would cover all travel expenses!!! Hopefully our trip insurance will allow us to get our flight money back. Really don't want a flight voucher as airfare changes so much!

On the bright side, Carnival is mailing us a check for the Florida hotel that we were supposed to stay at.

Here is the letter:

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the disruption and cancellation of your cruise vacation.

After reviewing your airfare expenses, we have confirmed with Sun Country that you are are being offered a credit for future travel.

Therefore we will be unable to provide you with a refund for your airfare.

Upon redeeming your credit with Sun Country, Carnival will be more than happy to assist you with the $200 fee to change your air ticket upon request.

We will however, reimburse you for the Hotel expenses since we were able to confirm with Doubletree that you were not able to use your reservation.

What if I do nyot want the credit? And want my money back??

I got the same response (mine was with delta flights) for my cancelled sunshine cruise and I fought back!! My credit I would have to use by August this year and we can't use it by then. Talk to a carnivsl reprentative. You can't get your money back when there is indeed credit . We cancelled our flight completely thus getting rid of the credit . They are now reimbursing me. I initially wrote to John heald and the next day I got an e mail from carnival stating they were indeed going to give me my money!

..... Quick change of mind!

Just got an email today that they were refunding my hotel fee and mailing me a check. I guess that's everything. I had already booked a replacement cruise, then with all of the money I got back (25% off, hotel, $100 refunded OBC), I booked another cruise. Worked out well for me! $299 for inside cabin for a week in May is cheap.

Just got an email today that they were refunding my hotel fee and mailing me a check. I guess that's everything. I had already booked a replacement cruise, then with all of the money I got back (25% off, hotel, $100 refunded OBC), I booked another cruise. Worked out well for me! $299 for inside cabin for a week in May is cheap.

Nice, you did get a great deal. Is that for a 7 day cruise?

I really need Carnival to step up and compensate us for the hassles, and inconvenience they caused, It really does cause pain and agony, the anxiety of a trip canceled as you are getting on a plane to leave for it is more than intense!! and its pretty presumptuous for them to assume you can just up and travel at a later date. I see it as the stole my vacation!

I had a very well thought out organized 7 day Mayan Riv cruise planned out many many months before and paid for in full months before! Not producing it is just like stealing!

We got email today confirming our refund amount, Carnival is reimbursing everything we submitted to them. We submitted all of our travel expenses (we drive to ports) so we submitted all of our gas, hotel and food receipts and they are sending us a check for the entire amount we submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can I assume you had already left for the cruise when you were notified??

Yep..... We drive from Chicago and we were at the Florida border when we got the news! So we turned around and sadly drove home! Carnival reimbursed our gas lodging and food! And obviously our cruise fare we were able to transfer directly to another cruise !

• 4 weeks later...

They covered our gas and lodging, along with the cruise charges We had paid cash for all food :( and didnt even request a refund for Dinner at McDonalds and lunch at subway. They covered breakfast as it was included with the room cost. No complaints from me on what they paid. Not happy about the time it took to get the cruise refund and have not got my check for the room and gas yet. It has only been a week or so since I sent in the reciepts. Had not planned to request it until I read that others on Cruise critic had done the same.

:) Maybe soon

• 2 weeks later...
They covered our gas and lodging, along with the cruise charges We had paid cash for all food :( and didnt even request a refund for Dinner at McDonalds and lunch at subway. They covered breakfast as it was included with the room cost. No complaints from me on what they paid. Not happy about the time it took to get the cruise refund and have not got my check for the room and gas yet. It has only been a week or so since I sent in the reciepts. Had not planned to request it until I read that others on Cruise critic had done the same.

:) Maybe soon

WE ARE STILL WAITING ON OUR AIRFARE REFUND! tHIS IS BEYOND frustrating!

The voice of the totally incompetent. Concordia is in the Costa fleet, no way connected to Carnival. :confused:

Costa and Carnival Corp are VERY connected.

I think you meant to say Cahill isnt connected to the Costa Concordia tragedy and if so you would be right.

Gary Cahill either needs to step down or be removed immediately (and no golden parachute please). The damage the brand has taken under his endless string of incompetence is beyond comprehension, starting with the Splendor Spamcruise disaster, Costa Concordia etc. etc.

How can the shareholders tolerate this...????

I don't think he can be held responsible for the captain on the Concordia making a bonehead move, but the other issues come under maintenance, and he is certainly responsible to see that the ships are well-maintained, even if it means they sail fewer cruises in order to ensure proper maintenance. I also hate that they seem to have cut the crew to the bones. Those poor people are dreadfully overworked and underpaid. I think he needs to go, too. My husband has a similar experience with his company where they have put someone in charge that has only a bottom line type view of management. When you're dealing with customer service and satisfaction, sometimes you have to look beyond the bottom line.

Archived