First cruise marriage proposal

It is nice to see someone else going through the same thing I am! I will also be proposing to my GF of years on the Freedoms sometime soon( Cant put the actual date since she frequents this site). Luckily i was able to get in contact with the CD on our ship and yours who said if you need help with anything to ask to speak with him once aboard. He told me that he has done numerous proposals and thinks the best are ones that aren't up on stage because they end up being a bit tacky, however he will help in anyway possible! I personally am thinking about doing mine either with the band playing our song on formal night, or during formal pictures as many have also commented!

Good Luck and Congratulations!

many thanks for that, maybe its a good idea to have a chat with the CD once on board! Hope all goes well for you too!

Another idea for the spiritual approach::)

Skylight Chapel (Deck 15)

(Which you could wander into while exploring the ship)

A wedding chapel, which can accommodate 40 people,

is located on top of the Viking Crown Lounge® (the highest point on the ship)

and is the perfect place to say "I do."

Or to say "YES".

There is also Bull & Bear

An English-themed pub that serves various imported beers and ales.

And usually has live pub music

and where karaoke event is performed.

If you are a singer

do your favorite songand do it openly!

or have the paid or karaoke singer

do your favorite song!!!!:D

If you want a complete private experience?

There is three room Rasual (Couples Mud Bath) Suite

on a number of RCL ships. And should be on Freedom!

1. Dressing room with oils, salts, soaps & etc.

2. Showers room

3. Hot rock steam sauna room.

Have some food goodies of choice delivered

or take some with you in a bag to suite in spa area.

Bring some wine in plastic glasses with you!

Doors are shut behind you by you!

No staff in Suite with you!

It is prox $100 for prox. hour.

Check pricing deals at sea and specials on port days.

I've done this on navigator. Lets just say it can be very fun.

My proposal was almost the same as you but before the Aqua Show on Oasis. My now wife though she was going to win a car behind the curtain! He also had it recorded so we could have a copy. 2 years later we got married on Allure and the same cruise director was at came to our ceremony and reception that night in Chops.

I proposed right before the love and marriage show. I contacted the cruise director prior to boarding. He played a story out with a fake "raffle" my gf was the only name entered. So before the show he announced her as the surprise raffle winner. She went up on stage and he gave her the choice to take a bottle of champagne or a surprise gift behind the curtain. Of course she chose the surprise gift behind the curtain so he made her close her eyes and cover her face so he could raise the curtains and see what she had won. While her eyes were closed I ran up on stage and got on one knee in front of her. When he said ok open your eyes and see what you've won I was there with the ring and a microphone. I said my piece to her and she said yes. The best part was we got the whole thing on DVD because they film the love and marriage show. The cruise director sent the DVD along with another bottle of champagne and some gifts to the room.

Do you have a balcony? How about a surprise dinner on the balcony, white tablecloth, champagne, flowers, maybe you could get some dolphins to swim by, it's amazing what your cabin steward can organise. Let her sweat it out through a couple courses and then pop the question.

I was going to propose to my wife on a cruise but it worked out that I proposed before we went on our next cruise, but this was my plan. We both love to snorkel, I was going to get some kind of shell (like a clam shell) and hide the ring inside, then on our snorkel trip I was going to hide the shell in my swim suit. while snorkeling I was going to act like I was diving down to the bottom to get a shell for her to see (I do that all the time so she wouldn't be suspicious) and then bring it up to the surface show her the shell open it and propose. Probably a good thing I did not do it that way, she may of drown from gasping and water going in her mouth:D.

No matter how you do she will love it and always remember it. Good luck and congratulations!

I was going to propose to my wife on a cruise but it worked out that I proposed before we went on our next cruise, but this was my plan. We both love to snorkel, I was going to get some kind of shell (like a clam shell) and hide the ring inside, then on our snorkel trip I was going to hide the shell in my swim suit. while snorkeling I was going to act like I was diving down to the bottom to get a shell for her to see (I do that all the time so she wouldn't be suspicious) and then bring it up to the surface show her the shell open it and propose. Probably a good thing I did not do it that way, she may of drown from gasping and water going in her mouth:D.

No matter how you do she will love it and always remember it. Good luck and congratulations!

thank you!

Thank you!

You can always try and call Royal Caribbean Customer service, or wait until you get on the ship, and see if you can enlist their assistance.

I have seen videos online where people have spoken to the Cruise Director and were able to get them to bring you on the stage before one of the game shows then they call the lady up and talk to her like nothing special is going on, then the guy gets to propose. I would imagine that might even show up on the "cruise in review" dvd.

You could also make a reservation at a Specialty Restaurant and alert the staff there and maybe the photographers so they can take pictures. That would be romantic and more intimate.

Whatever you choose, letting the staff/photographers know ahead of time will ensure you get photos or a video to share with family and friends. An engagement photo would make an excellent post card type announcement too.

Archived