123 Go and Select Dining

sbt518

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I searched the big 123 Go threads for select dining and didn't quite find the answer so I'm asking again.

We booked with big box travel agent, picked select dining and paid our deposit, our invoice showed the gratuities included in the final total b/c we have Select dining.

THEN the 123 Go happens so we jump on that, we keep our room and dining preference. We are in the Captains club and sailing to Europe so we get all three of the 123 Go promotions.

Our final balance came due and it included the amount for gratuities.

My question is, how do we get the money for the prepaid gratuities back? Does it come in the form of OBC when we are on board or do we have to get it from our TA who would have to get it from -X- because we never should have been charged it in the first place?

Has anyone else been through this?

Thanks.

Yes, we encountered the same thing.

We booked and got grats and the drink package. We wanted Select so we had to pay up front for that and they reflected an OBC in the grats amount. You may want to just double check your contract to see if they wrote it in. Or call. Good luck!

Are you saying that when you made your final payment, Celebrity did not deduct the gratuity amount and gave you OBC instead?

We also chose pre-paid gratuities and have select dining. Does that mean we are really getting OBC instead of the paid gratuities? Because with the drink package and doing our own excursions (not through the ship), we really wouldn't be spending any money on the ship so the OBC is a waste for us. We wanted our gratuities paid and OBC is not the same thing as pre-paid gratuities.

We booked a cruise 'offer' that included gratuities. Our client invoice showed the gratuities due on one line and the same amount was backed out on another line item - equalls a 'zero' overall. Same for the 123go for our January cruise.

If this isn't showing on your client invoice, something isn't correct.

As others stated, be sure to have your TA correct this before your cruise. If you are after final payment, a credit to your credit card should be issued.

To be honest - from what I read in your original post:

"We booked with big box travel agent, picked select dining and paid our deposit, our invoice showed the gratuities included in the final total b/c we have Select dining.

THEN the 123 Go happens so we jump on that, we keep our room and dining preference., you booked the cruise and then the 123go offer came available."

Not sure if you rebooked or were able to bump up and include the offer - if not, then the gratuities were due for payment and not reimbursable. If you booked within the promotion, all three (if a previous cruiser) were available for European cruises.

The same thing happened to us.

Our TA just deducted the amount of the gratuities from the final payment. It took Celebrity about a week to "credit" our account for the gratuities. If I remember correctly, it was about the same time that we received an invoice asking for payment for the upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package. I'm thinking they processed everything on our account at the same time.

After making the payment for the upgraded beverage package, I asksed our TA for an updated invoice indicating a zero balance. No problems, and our reservation was never in jeopardy of being cancelled for having a balance due after final paument (even if it wasn't really a balance due!).

Thanks everyone. I'll call the TA tomorrow.

The invoice does show something that might be a credit for the gratuities but I'm not certain.

We do have a zero balance so I'm not worried about the cruise getting cancelled, just wondering if we got extra OBC or a refund.

Now, thanks to you all, I know I should be getting a refund!

Archived