Half Moon Cay Cabana's

mld1950

We are going to HMC in May on the Fascination, and have a Cabana rented. If we wanted to be kinda close to the food and restrooms. Which Cabana's would be the best to try and get. I seem to have read this some where but can't find the information. Thanks for any suggestions.

5/2013 Carnival Fascination

5/2012 Carnival Conquest

1/2011 Carnival Truimph

2/2010 Carnival Truimph

1/2009 Carnival Freedom

4/2008 Carnival Fantasy

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=David - Deborah&date=5-11-2013&text=30th Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Fascination:)

We had #9 which is right in front of the bathroom( although not a issue) andy food was just a few minutes walk. It was also on the quieter end of the cabanas. We loved the location:D

THANKS!!!!!!!!I really do not think the bathroom will be an issue either but my husband thinks it is. I was thinking 8, 9 or 10 would be good. I have been told you go to Guest Services to request your Cabana number. Is guest services open when you board the ship? If not when do they open? Do I need to get in line and wait?

...We rented #7 on our trip to HMC and thought the location was perfect! Close enough to hear the music in the background, right between the food pavillion and the bathrooms, and not too crowded, but not to deserted. We're thinking about a cruise for August that will have a stop at HMC and will definitely attempt to rent Cabana #7 again!

We also had 9 and loved it. Location was perfect. I took a walk heading towards the beginning of the beach..low numbers. It was crowded, noisy and the sand was very course...not the powdery soft sand where we were. So we were happy with choosing 9.

The bathroom was really in between 9 and 10 and behind the cabana..but behind the bushes/trees and up a path. It really did not interfere with the cabana location..it actually was nice to have it right there in close proximity. We chose to go to the food pavillion by the regular road..so we would go up to the bathroom and go out to the main road and walk down to food pavillion. It was an easier walk on the road than walking on the beach. We made plates and brought the food back to the cabana. Also, don't forget that your cabana will be stocked with munchies..chips/dips/fruits and cooler of drinks.

Be sure to say hi to "John" who is a maintenance worker driving around in a jeep. such a nice guy!

Enjoy your cabana..it's really worth every penny!

Edited by abisha

Love #9 We have had it every time we have been there. I was a little disappointed last Oct when we were there as they have built one of the 2 story villas practically on top of it. Great location tho. Going back in June and trying to decide if that will be our choice this time.

Love #9 We have had it every time we have been there. I was a little disappointed last Oct when we were there as they have built one of the 2 story villas practically on top of it. Great location tho. Going back in June and trying to decide if that will be our choice this time.

What would be your next choice. I found a good map showing all the cabana's. I was looking at 8, 9 or 10. Would these be in the area? How far apart where they? How close is the new two story? Thanks for any information.

We had #9 in 2012. I'm not sure when we will be in HMC again. I am also a big fan of # 9 and was going to try to rent it again when we are there next.

I wondered about how the villas will affect the cabanas, Do you know offhand which cabanas are affected by the villas? Particularly the higher cabanas.

We had #9 in 2012. I'm not sure when we will be in HMC again. I am also a big fan of # 9 and was going to try to rent it again when we are there next.

I wondered about how the villas will affect the cabanas, Do you know off hand which cabanas are affected by the villas? Particularly the higher cabanas.

I have had several people say 9, but that is was blocked some by the new Villas. That was what I was trying to find out more information about.

5/2013 Carnival Fascination

5/2012 Carnival Conquest

1/2011 Carnival Truimph

2/2010 Carnival Truimph

1/2009 Carnival Freedom

4/2008 Carnival Fantasy

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=David - Deborah&date=5-11-2013&text=30th Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Fascination

Can someone give me the info on how to rent a cabana in HMC. I will be sailing in August 2013. Do I have to rent it before I leave or can I do it when I board the ship.

Also, a map of how the cabanas are spread out would be ever so helpful. Thanks

Can someone give me the info on how to rent a cabana in HMC. I will be sailing in August 2013. Do I have to rent it before I leave or can I do it when I board the ship.

You have to do it "WAY" before you sail. When you can do your excursions it will be available. You can't pick your Cabana till you sail. But ones for our May 11, sailing on the Fascination, has been sold out since December. This is a great map.

Half Moon Cay - Map

Between 8 and 9 is a 2 story villa. I was thinking 10 this time as it is on the side of 9 that the villa is not on, but still close to the bathroom. Possibly 12 as I think 13 has a villa or two next to it. I need to check that out again.

There are maps floating around these boards. In the search thread put in HMC cabana map on the private ports board and you will find them.

As for renting them. You need to do this as quickly after booking as possible as they sell out quickly on some sailings. It is in the excursion section of your booking. They are 229.00 or so for regular cabana for 4 people, 499 for 2 story cabana 8 people and around 1300 or 1400 for the private oasis (can't remember exact price). The excursion will say it is pp but it is not, just one person needs to book. Well worth it in my opinion.

The map is a great one if you are wanting the lay of the land, but they have built the 2 story villas now between the regular cabanas. Many are looking at where they are to avoid them. I just found some info on the boards stating that the three squares past the watersports area are villas, followed by cabana 8, then a villa, then 9-12 and a villa, then 13-15. In my opinion the villas block part of my view (not a horrible thing) and are pretty wedged in next to the cabana. I will chose to not be next to one if I can avoid it.

You have to do it "WAY" before you sail. When you can do your excursions it will be available. You can't pick your Cabana till you sail. But ones for our May 11, sailing on the Fascination, has been sold out since December. This is a great map.

Half Moon Cay - Map

Edited by gusandgidgetsmom
more info

Half Moon Cay - Map

Thank you for your response. please tell me how and where do I go to rent them.

I'm on the Pride in August and booked a cabana as soon as I put down my deposit. There were only 4 left to rent. Now they are all sold out. You definitely have to book them as soon as possible.

We had cabana # 14 in November when we sailed the Fascination. We loved the location. Since the cabana came with chips, salsa, veggies and fruit, we did not partake in the island bbq. The restroom was just a few steps behind the cabana. The people next to us in # 15 moved with their friends, so that one was empty almost all day, as such, it was like we had the whole beach ourselves. I had read the horror stories about the lower #'s and people trying to take over the cabana. No probs :)

We had cabana # 14 in November when we sailed the Fascination. We loved the location. Since the cabana came with chips, salsa, veggies and fruit, we did not partake in the island bbq. The restroom was just a few steps behind the cabana. The people next to us in # 15 moved with their friends, so that one was empty almost all day, as such, it was like we had the whole beach ourselves. I had read the horror stories about the lower #'s and people trying to take over the cabana. No probs :)

thanks

Loved it! Kinda near everything, yet a comfortable distance away from more of the centrally congested spots (pirate bar & lunch buffet).

Once you secure the purchase of your cabana online (as far in advance as allowed), you must immediately head to the excursion desk upon embarkation for your "first come, first served" choice of cabanas. The desk opens at 11:30. I was first in line....I had 2nd choice. ;) :D

Beautiful. Breathtaking. If/when we hit HMC again, a cabana is definitely something we'll splurge on again.

98.jpg.6c60dc6545f5afa1639590f220570fad.jpg

89a.jpg.17359ec5d8ec492bae0a9bf16653cda0.jpg