Cruising with kids

freddybeachpete

My wife and I were travelling as a couple, our "kids" are now 23 & 24 but for parents reading this board I want to say, I was really impressed with the kids we saw on our recent trip! From babes in arms to teenagers, all were well behaved, clearly having lots of fun, meeting new friends, interacting with adults of all ages and looking sharp (so grown up!) on formal nights. Congrats to those of you who cruise with youngsters!!

My wife and I were travelling as a couple, our "kids" are now 23 & 24 but for parents reading this board I want to say, I was really impressed with the kids we saw on our recent trip! From babes in arms to teenagers, all were well behaved, clearly having lots of fun, meeting new friends, interacting with adults of all ages and looking sharp (so grown up!) on formal nights. Congrats to those of you who cruise with youngsters!!

Could be an anomaly. Not all cruises have well behaved kids.

I think most of the time, the kids are involved in the kids' program or otherwise busy with acceptable activities (swimming in the pool, watching movies, etc.). I think it's the bored kids that would cause trouble. Of course, this doesn't explain the adults who cause problems.

Our kids started cruising when they were 3 and 4. Twenty years later, we have many wonderful cruise experiences to look back on. I like to think that we were responsible parents and that's what made it such a wonderful experience so I'm always amazed when I read here about kids running amok.

Twenty years later, we just spent a wonderful week in January cruising with them for the first time in several years. The problem now - they have a bar bill!

Archived