Alaska: Should I upgrade to an aft balcony?

klo28910

We are booked on an Alaskan cruise with an extended balcony, mid ship. I just checked and it would be $400 to move to an aft balcony. I'm wondering if it is worth it, or if we should just stay put. We've always been mid ship, so I'm worried about motion sickness at the rear...plus it does seem further from everything.

We were fortunate to get upgraded to an aft balcony for our upcoming Alaska Cruise!! I am so glad we did seeing all these comments!! I don't think you would regret it if you booked it!!! Have a AWESOME time. I'll try to do a review of ours when we return!!

I've had an aft balcony once on a Caribbean cruise, and my wife and I did not like it. Very little privacy, and too hot. I was warned prior to purchasing it, but I wanted to try it anyways. Never again.

We've done Alaskan cruises, once with a regular balcony. I would still go up top to get views from the back of the ship and on the other side.

...but, I love a view, so for that reason, an Alaskan cruise is the only time I would consider going with another aft balcony. Being a lover of photography, I can only imagine the number of great shots I could get from the comforts of my own balcony.

Go for it if the price is right!

Archived