Inviting Guests on ship in a port?

timetravelers

You used to be able to invite a guest(s) to come on board with you during embarkation or during a port stop (credentials approved in advance). Does Silversea still allow this? We are stopping in Kristiansund, NO during a cruise and would like to invite 2 cousins on board for lunch. Thanks for any info.

Good news. I just checked with Silversea and, yes, they allow guests onboard for lunch after you embark or during the cruise itself. You or your travel agent need to contact Silversea in advance to obtain a request form. You'll indicate the date of the visit, some personal information about your guests, and your request (lunch, cocktails & canapés in your suite, etc.). A fee is charged for each visitor.

Lucky guests!

You used to be able to invite a guest(s) to come on board with you during embarkation or during a port stop (credentials approved in advance). Does Silversea still allow this? We are stopping in Kristiansund, NO during a cruise and would like to invite 2 cousins on board for lunch. Thanks for any info.

Yes, we just had relatives aboard on the Spirit in January on embarkation day in Los Angeles. You must obtain a Visitor Request Form from Silversea. This asks for your booking information and the names, nationalities, driver's license, and passport information of your guests. There is a meal charge if the guests dine, but we received no charge at all, so I guess we lucked out. The requests are reviewed 45 days prior to sailing. You or your TA should contact specialservices@silversea.com as soon as possible.

By the way, is yours the Cloud Norway cruise this June? If so, we will be aboard with you!

Pls see attachment for the Silversea guest form you need to fill out (either your TA or you can send to Special Services (address below). Cost for us to invite the best tour guide we've ever had to have lunch and tour the Spirit in Lisbon next month is $60.

Regards,

Jay| Special Services Department

Silversea Cruises LTD | 110 E. Broward Boulevard | Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

800-722-9955 | 954-759-5049 Fax

Specialservices@silversea.com | http://www.silversea.com

ss guest.doc

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering when the last time someone used this form was to allow a guest onboard. I asked my TA about it and he said there is no form required; we make arrangements when we are onboard. Looking at this form, it says onboard unless it's embarkation day or a the guest joins you for a meal.

I guess I'll email special services?

Archived