Flights from Toronto

needabreakcanada

Westjet is currently showing $1680.08 for two - yikes!

Ok so just figured out what "choice air" is - through Royal.

Their current price is $602 - I will still shop around - its early.

Thanks - will take anymore suggestions though!

we are also finding high fares we are flying out of edmonton. we found 1680.00 for two but thats a 20hr duration each way, for a 12-13hr duration its close to 2200.00, we have been checking everyday, usally they have sales on tues. will post if i see price drops

After alot of back and forth and doing my homework we booked our flights this morning.

We had aeroplan points for flights and we were just short on airmiles for two flights.

Aeroplan had our date going down - but not coming back (it was 3 days after our return date).

Airmiles had our date going down and one day later coming back, or so I thought. After alot of homework and some advice from airmiles - we applied for the air miles world mastercard with annual fee of $99 which would reduce the points needed for a flight by 25%. We had 5769 points and needed originally 7600 pts(they call them miles). So with the 25% reduced mile rate the flights were now 5700 miles. When we applied for the card our bank manager gave us a 100 mile bonus card. Yes that brought our point total to 5869!

The funny part is the card was in the airmiles system this morning and I don't even have the physical card yet - so I was able to get the discount and pay with our aeroplan visa!

Another surprise this morning was they had flights for our exact dates Feb 8 -16th. We do have two stops down but only one on the way back.

Happy camper here for sure. What a relief!

Thanks all,

We flew last month to San Juan with 25% reduced miles needed.

(We put everything on that card and the miles do add up)

However, we were able to book direct non-stop WestJet flights from Toronto (they have direct flights on Sat. and Sundays all year round).

We went for 2 weeks, one week on a cruise and one week in a condo in Isla Verde. It was great so we are repeating the same thing next year!

We just need to wait for flights to be posted.

the flights are terrible with aeroplan on our flight dates unless you want to use 160,000 so we are hoping flights will go on sale, we are flying in feb7th returning feb23rd, hopefully we`ll find decent fights for around 1600 dollars

I was checking airmiles daily since Feb 16th which is our return date.

Even up to today, for our travel dates there were no direct flights ever posted so far. Also all flights are AA and no sign of Westjet. I have seen Westjet on other dates -but not ours.

Thats ok though we ended up with ok flights. We are not too picky. To get our exact dates was good enough for me.

2 stops down but we still get there by 4:30pm (9hours in total)

1 stop back leaving san juan at 4:30pm (7hours total)

Funny thing is all the flights before the very day I booked would have gotten us into San Juan at 9pm or 11:30pm even with only one stop.

I just pray our luggage gets there.

As we had budgetted with using points/miles I was in no position to miss our dates and end up having to pay. Wasn't an option - which made it stressful - so I took what I found acceptable.

There will probably be a direct flight come up - but I would have been chewing my nails daily - not worth it IMO.

What a huge weight off my shoulder - now i don't have to worry about cancelling the cruise.

Dec 2011 we paid just over $600 with American. Layover in Miami coming and going. Direct was an option coming home but was really expensive.

Jan 2013 - total $585. United gong down (no direct on a Friday with anyone) and Air Canada direct coming home. I booked the flights through different websites. Expedia for United and direct with Air Canada

Flights were booked 6 and 8 months out

Buffalo wasn't cheaper enough to make it worth the drive for us (maybe $100 cheaper per person - with extra gas and time couldn't justify it). We are 1 hr north of Pearson.

Archived