Not happy in port canaveral

jimo

What time is Disney Fantasy scheduled to leave??

The fantasy didn't leave on time because a 4 year old child had to be airlifted from the ship after a near drowning...

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/brevard-county/Child-4-airlifted-from-Disney-cruise-ship-after-near-drowning/-/11788124/19534058/-/pxqn7cz/-/index.html

So you think if everbody showed up at the time printed the line and wait wouldn't be incredibly long? That is foolish logic.

Now they are mad because they have been standing in line for 2 hours and carnival didn't start boarding till after 12pm.. Lines move faster once people are let on the ship till than its a waste of time to me.. If the cruise line tells you to arrive after 1130 than dont get mad when you are a 1.5 hours early...

Another logic...

Most hotels check in are around 4pm checkout 11am If you show up at noon do they let you check in and go to your room or do they tell you come back at 4 rooms aren't ready yet..

I've been told several times that my hotel room is not ready and to come back. I can register but can't get into the room. The OP registered early but the ship wasn't ready for boarding. Same difference.

Not to mention I've seen pages of posts telling people how the 1:30 time is bogus and you can get there early.

This is true.

Get there at 1:30 or 2:00 like they suggest and wait in line for hours.

For quite a while I did not know that I could get there early and arrived late like they suggest.

And stood in horrible non-moving lines and got on board while they were closing down food service in the buffet.

Hey, all y'all get there late so I can get a good spot in the garage and pop right on board.

I suspect that a lot of the people taking their sweet time getting off the ship are the same ones whom arrive hours early and complain when the ship isn't ready for them.

And the reason you have come to this conclusion is what?

Sincerely, I don't get it...

Carnival states that they board between 1:30 and 3:30...

Passengers show up several hours early and then get pissed off because they have to wait and/or that they are not provided with an explanation.

People on this thread attempted to point out the actual boarding time and several others are accusing those as being cheerleaders for Carnival AND that Carnival is SCREWED up?

Am I missing something?

I'm all for boarding early but if they don't board until the scheduled time, well... dang it all, I took a chance, it didn't work out for me.... that's MY PROBLEM.

Now they are mad because they have been standing in line for 2 hours and carnival didn't start boarding till after 12pm.. Lines move faster once people are let on the ship till than its a waste of time to me.. If the cruise line tells you to arrive after 1130 than dont get mad when you are a 1.5 hours early...

Another logic...

Most hotels check in are around 4pm checkout 11am If you show up at noon do they let you check in and go to your room or do they tell you come back at 4 rooms aren't ready yet..

I haven't been denied check-in in years. Bad analogy.

Go look at the number of posts on here about emails from carnival to arrive in the afternoon and how many responses are ignore them.

You cut that pretty close. You are lucky you didn't miss boarding.

I was there in plenty of time based on Carnival's FAQ. I took my arrival time from that and not from the many many morons on this board who love to say "oh, you can ignore that, just show up whenever you want." :rolleyes:

You CAN do whatever you want. Just qwitcherbitchen when you don't care for the result!!!

I was there in plenty of time based on Carnival's FAQ. I took my arrival time from that and not from the many many morons on this board who love to say "oh, you can ignore that, just show up whenever you want." :rolleyes:

You CAN do whatever you want. Just qwitcherbitchen when you don't care for the result!!!

I was under the assumption that you needed to be on board at least 1 hour before the ship sailed so they could submit the passenger manifest.

I based my post on the Prides current departure time of 4:30pm. Perhaps your sailing departed later or that is not the rule at all.

Bill

So you think if everbody showed up at the time printed the line and wait wouldn't be incredibly long? That is foolish logic.

Exactly. :rolleyes: Everyone showing up at the same time is going to jam the line, so trust me is it better than some arrive before, some arrive after the time listed. I can see why the OP is frustrated, but maybe he should have waited before posting to avoid the digs. And also, just ask what the hold up is. May not matter but at least you'll know.

Exactly. :rolleyes: Everyone showing up at the same time is going to jam the line, so trust me is it better than some arrive before, some arrive after the time listed. I can see why the OP is frustrated, but maybe he should have waited before posting to avoid the digs. And also, just ask what the hold up is. May not matter but at least you'll know.

Agreed, that the 99% of the time, when Carnival begins embarkation at 11-11:30, the early start, does help thin out the lines.

The point is, just don't piss and moan, when something comes up, like, say, a thorough Coast Guard inspection (I CAN'T imagine why the Coast Guard might want to thoroughly check the Dream, yesterday?!?!?!?:rolleyes: ) and embarkation begins later than usual, BUT still BEFORE the actual, stated embarkation time of 1:30PM.

I'm one of the folks who has arrived at 10AM for every cruise we have done.

Whatever the delay, as long as they begin before 1:30, Carnival is fine in my book. (the one time we didn't board before noon, I just walked up to the person who appeared to be in charge of the herd of people, as asked. Got a simple answer.)

I gambled that the usual early boarding would happen and I missed that particular cruise.

Bill

Gotta' love Cruise Critic. The OP never complained that they were boarding late. The OP said there was no information. He actually said others were complaining but as is the norm here, the sycophants get their underwear in a bigger bundle than the OP.

Gotta' love Cruise Critic. The OP never complained that they were boarding late. The OP said there was no information. He actually said others were complaining but as is the norm here, the sycophants get their underwear in a bigger bundle than the OP.

I would say titling the thread as "not happy in Port Canaveral" is equivalent to a complaint.

I would say titling the thread as "not happy in Port Canaveral" is equivalent to a complaint.

I would say you're right. The complaint would be they weren't telling them anything and NOT that they were late boarding. Wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good OP bashing. :D

I would say you're right. The complaint would be they weren't telling them anything and NOT that they were late boarding. Wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good OP bashing. :D

After going back and reading the first post, I think it could be a bit of both: He says that he has been waiting to board since 10 AM, and then he says no information. No need to bash the OP, but in my personal opinion I think he was just a little impatient. I've had to wait to board in a couple of cases, too. It happens. Hope the OP is now happy on the cruise. :)

Another logic...

There have been a few times, when staying at a hotel pre and post cruise that we have been told to come back, but I think that maybe 1 out of every 6 attempts to check in early. As a matter of fact. In the 5 cruises since Feb. 2010 that we have been on. We have been told to come back or that they would call us when our room was ready twice pre-cruise, and none post cruise.

In the 2 times pre-cruise that it has happened, they have called us with our room ready within an hour.

Most people would be annoyed to wait and have no explanation why. A simple notification of what is happening can go a long way in keeping people calm.

This is a cruise critic site yet lately anytime someone posts any kind of complaint they get attacked and blamed regardless of the situation. The cruise line could save a lot of frustration by just communicating information.

People here are ridiculous and defend the line like it is a family member. It is a business that does make mistakes.

Most people could avaoid being annoyed with this long wait by following instructions. I'm thinking you were notified - to arrive at 12:30 when boarding begins.

Yes, this is cruise critic - but seriously some of the people that complain about the 'cheerleaders' think that anyone who disagrees with them must be siding with the big bad corperation - get real, sometimes people make poor choices and then complain about the consequences of their actions.

Not defending the line at all. CCL does make mistakes, no doubt, BUT arriving hours, HOURS mind you, early and then expecting to NOT to have to wait is just...well dumb. Would you be mad if the mall opened at 10 am, but because you were there at 8am they made you wait? Same thing really.

maybe they are trying to enforce the boarding times on the ticket and in the email they send...lol;).

I guess, if that is the case, we should be happy they are trying to enforce something - if only they could get kids out of the hot tubs and the chair hogs stuff off the chairs - :eek:

lol!

It's a Comprehension thing. It gets lower here every year.

Archived