Internet fees onboard Eurodam!

gb88

Can anyone confirm what the current internet access fees are onboard the Eurodam? I have an upcoming cruise this summer and noted on other posts on cruise critic that someone indicated prices have come down. Is this true?????? What are the current fees?

As f March 16-23 it was the $50 for 100 minutes, $100 for 250 I think, with minute bonuses if you book on day one. However some ships now seem to have the $99 unlimited...Zuiderdam as of yesterday's saling. Don't know when that might extend to the rest of the fleet?

Fees are:

Quote:

You will be charged a one-time activation fee of $3.95

Satellite Internet Time Plans

Pay as you go $0.75 Per Minute

Time Plan 1 1000 Minutes / $250.00

Time Plan 2 500 Minutes / $175.00

Time Plan 3 250 Minutes / $100.00

Time Plan 4 100 Minutes / $55.

If you sign up for a plan the first day, you will get 10 extra minutes for Plan 1 and 20 extra minutes for Plan 2. I don't know about bonus minutes for Plans 3 and 4.

During the cruise, watch the daily program for other internet specials that are offered. They are printed in the program.

You can connect WiFi all over the ship and can use your own laptop/netbook. The signals vary in strength depending where you are on the ship.

Can anyone confirm what the current internet access fees are onboard the Eurodam? I have an upcoming cruise this summer and noted on other posts on cruise critic that someone indicated prices have come down. Is this true?????? What are the current fees?

If you have a smart phone you can check with your carrier. Many offer Global data plans. The difference being is that the ships charge for time connected while carriers charge for data sent/received. Given that data speeds are not very good on the ship, what you get versus how long connected can be very different. Plus the carriers offer service once near land. So depending on what countries you visit, access could be way better. For Verizon the charges are $25 for each 100MB. Our last cruise I used about 20 MB for a couple of days getting emails and some web browsing . Service onboard is sporadic and sometimes it seems the ship turns off the service. At least that's what the carrier has told me. But when on or near land you get their service. So if you're at sea for days at a time may not be a good idea. Many ports, it maybe a way better deal.

Dan

Archived