USAA travel insurance question

Algebralovr

For those of you who have used the travel insurance through USAA, which policy do you go with? I looked and saw that they offer three different policies, with varying coverage. I saw that only the most expensive policy has primary coverage, but as I understand it that really just means that we have to submit it to our other insurer first, then submit to the travel insurer with proof of denial?

Would all members of the party need the same policy? We will be a group of 8 and have varying needs. One needs to be able to cancel for work reasons, but only the one person. That person already has a great health policy that will cover her, but she is the exception.

I plan to call them with questions on Monday, but was interested in user experiences.

Thanks!

We purchased USAA travel insurance for our last cruise and did so again for our next three cruises. We go with the mid-range plan, worldwide trip protector. That said we have never had to use it. Our TA uses the same company however our discounted price through USAA is much better in my opinion because while it is secondary coverage the medical benefits are much higher if something were to go wrong.

Since it is secondary insurance you would just go through your regular insurance first and then your travel insurance would cover what they don't pick up up to the limits for the plan you purchased.

In theory I don't think you would all have to buy the same place since you can adjust the number of travelers. I would just have the person who needs work cancel buy their policy separate since they do charge per person to add that on.

Archived