Oceania or TA

Tizbensinj

I called Oceania last week on two issues. First issue is lack of cruise docs two weeks from cruise. The second is two different rooms on b2b cruise. Called cruise line direct first. Oceania informs me travel agent must request if you want same room and travel agent has all documents. They are unable to do anything with reservation.

I call TA she tells me requests have been made but will look into it and call me back. End of day she returns call said documents were returned to cruise line and she doesn't know why they didn't inform her. They are resending now. As for cabin situation nothing can be done at this time so late. Not sure who is at fault or if I have any recourse. Has anyone had these issues? Or if anyone has suggestion on what I should do. Thanks

Get yourself a new TA, one that is a major Oceania dealer.

As for b/b which we do all the time you must book early

to be able to get the same cabin for two or more cruises.

In our case there are few cabins in the category and we, even with experience, were too late to get the same suite for an upcoming

b/b. :)

I called Oceania last week on two issues. First issue is lack of cruise docs two weeks from cruise. The second is two different rooms on b2b cruise. Called cruise line direct first. Oceania informs me travel agent must request if you want same room and travel agent has all documents. They are unable to do anything with reservation.

I call TA she tells me requests have been made but will look into it and call me back. End of day she returns call said documents were returned to cruise line and she doesn't know why they didn't inform her. They are resending now. As for cabin situation nothing can be done at this time so late. Not sure who is at fault or if I have any recourse. Has anyone had these issues? Or if anyone has suggestion on what I should do. Thanks

Not sure why you didn't know about the cabin assignments when you booked the cruise, unless you booked a Guaranty (GTY), in which case you take pot luck on cabin assignments. You may also have had a waitlist for one or both cruises, in which case you are probably lucky to have any cabin at all. Having to move cabins between b2b cruises happens all the time; your steward or butler will help you move. You'll have to pack up the items you placed in drawers, but anything hanging in your closet will be hung on a garment trolley and moved for you.

As for the documents, I can't imagine why they'd be "returned" unless the address was wrong; in any case, your agent should have been keeping tabs on your status, noticed that docs were late, and taken proactive action. All Oceania would know is that the docs came back for some reason.

As for Oceania responding only to your travel agent, they are paying your agent a commission to handle these sorts of things, and contractually Oceania is no longer able to communicate with you directly. Neither you nor Oceania should have to prompt your agent.

I honestly would not stress about not having physical documents in your possession. In todays travel world all you need is a booking number and an airline record locator. Having the paperwork is nice but in no way critical in my experience...really ! E tickets and e-reservation will work just fine

On my last cruise, a back to back too, I brought a copy of my booking receipt and checked in with that... It took a whopping 4 min for the whole deal, including credit account, id card, passport stuff....

So do not stress as it is not critical to your cruise...That's been my experience.:cool:

Archived