Med 2014-Serenade of Seas or Celebrity Equinox

Hi All,

This will be DH and I first Med cruise. I have narrowed it down to the Serenade of the Seas June 4, 2014 or Celebrity Equinox Sept 20,2014. It will be the Western Med.

I have not sailed with Celebrity. The itinerary and price are about the same. Which ship would you choose and why? Anyone sailed on both cruise lines?

Thank you in advance for all your opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from my first Celebrity cruise last month and IMHO it was a nice step up over RCI which I really like. I look at Celebrity as the RCI for adults. Very few kids, the crew as every bit attentive as RCI, food was definitely a step up in all areas. The S class ships are beautiful.

This is a hard decision. Both ships will be very nice. I usually advise to go with the best itinerary but if they are similar then I guess it comes down to trying another cruise line.

We have sailed on both Serenade and Equinox. Serenade is our favorite RCI ship and the Solstice class ships are our favorite X ships.

If the itinerery and price are comprable, we would choose Equinox. Both ships are great, but for us Equinox is our choice.

Personally I prefer Celebrity, there is just more attention to detail and the Solstice Class ships are my favorites, well the Millennium are close too. Its a little bit different crowd but Celebrity seems to go out of there way to do things for there guests. Food wise I would also say Celebrity. I would go on either ship but if price same I would definitely say Equinox.

I have cruised on the Serenade twice and just completed a cruise on Equinox last month. Here are the differences I found. The Equinox is much larger and is a very elegant ship. Equinox tended to have an older group of cruisers but I don't mean this in a bad way. Equinox provides robes, toiletries etc in the cabin. Serenade did not. Food was good on both ships.

However this being said, I would choose the Serenade. That is just my personal opinion. I found the crew on the Serenade to be much more friendly, and the Serenade had many more activities for all ages. I also love the ship. It is comfortable, with great lounges and bars. Whichever you choose, I'm sure you will have a great time. Enjoy!

Archived