Mallorca - HoHo Questions

CGinMTL

Hello,

We will be in Palma de Mallorca in June ( on a saturday).

I have been going back and forth on whether to book the HoHO or not.

One local said it wasn't worth it ?

Here are my questions

a) On the Viator reviews, it states that some passengers have had an issue because the 1st bus starts at 9:30 but doesn't make it to the pier until 11am ? Have others experienced that ?

How long would it take to walk to stop #1 to avoid this problem ?

Some say that they had issues with the audio not working ?

Can you go to the beach with the HoHo ?

there are several placed to buy the ticket online. Which did you use ?

We love the HoHO for the convenience. Do it, or skip it ?

PS - we are 2 healthy adults that can walk. But this is the last stop of a very port intensive cruise, so a "lazy day" is worth the $20 to me.

Thanks for your help

i am just from an Easter break in Majorca and spent a day in Palma. We took the HOHO bus from the palace. We really enjoyed it and gave a great overview of Palma and allowed us to get off and wander down some of the quaint streets.

The bus stopped in the port and at the Porto Pi shopping centre which is also very close to the port.

I cant give any advice on when it would first get to the port but would suspect in peak times they would at least be often.

The bus also went to the Belver Castle which had amazing views of Palma an beyond. There was also a couple of cruise ships in on the day we visited and the view to the port was amazing.

I really enjoy the HOHO buses as it gives you a great overview of a city, and usually relatively cheap.

Gill

• 2 weeks later...

I got confirmation from the HoHO company.

the ship docks at #12.

It starts at #1 at 9:30.

I can expect to wait at least 60 min after that.

As the ship docks at 8. I am still trying to figure out how long to walk to stop #1 ?

If you end up deciding on the local bus, I advise you to print the bus map and take it with you. There's links if you search the boards. It made a difference between our first and second trips there (the 1st time, we had difficulty communicating without speaking Spanish and ended up at the wrong--dirty--beach. Had fun anyway, but cut it too close for comfort to our All Aboard as we waited for a bus that never came). You can buy a 'Day Ticket,' too.

• 2 weeks later...

Ships can dock at pires near HOHO bus stop #1 or #12. The first HOHO bus departs top #1 at 10:00 am and does not arrive at stop #12 until around 11:30 am.

We were there last month and our shop docked at 8:00 am near HOHO bus stop #12. We got off the ship at around 9:00 am, so our options were to take the local bus or a taxi to stop #1 or wait until 11:30 for the first bus.

We decide to take the taxi for 12 euro for 4 peopl to bus stop #1, which was a wise move. We arrived at stop #1 and were first in line to purchase our tickets.

Close to departure time the line was quite long and not everyone got on the bus. We went past stop #12 at 11:30 am there were tons of people from the ship waiting on the bus, but very few people got off so there were precious few seats available.

I highly suggest that you don't depend on catching the bus at stop #12.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
I got confirmation from the HoHO company.

the ship docks at #12.

It starts at #1 at 9:30.

I can expect to wait at least 60 min after that.

As the ship docks at 8. I am still trying to figure out how long to walk to stop #1 ?

I finally got a reply on this.

30 min to walk to stop $1.

Archived