Churches in Nassau

I Luv Crusin

Are there any churches within walking distance to the dock? We've been to Nassau many times and since we will be there Sunday thought we'd try something new. Non-denominational Christian, Lutheran, or Anglican would be fine.

I have been to Christ Church Cathedral (it's the Anglican cathedral for the diocese of the Bahamas), once during the week and we went in and looked around, and once on Sunday. I was a solo that cruise and stopped in on Sunday during Mass. It's a lovely church. Dress conservatively--the ladies all were wearing dresses and hose. It's interesting because the Caribbean ladies in my home church (Anglican) in New York who are from Jamaica, Barbados, etc. also dress quite conservatively.

We went to St. Francis Cathedral (Roman Catholic) in Nassau on a Sunday. We were not dressed as we would normally dress for church (we asked the ushers at the door whether it was okay to attend), but the parishioners really didn't care - they recognized that we were on vacation. They went out of their way to greet us and thank us for joining them in worship. At the end of Mass, the celebrant asked all of the tourists to tell them where we were from. It was a really great experience.

Archived