Proof of OBC

pmcubed

Just off a fabulous week on the Valor. It was our third cruise, but our first with Carnival and I have NO COMPLAINTS!

Just a tip - make sure you have with you PROOF of all your OBC from price drops. As I spent a bit of time with guest services as they hadn't applied it to our staterooms. I was VERY glad I had taken the paperwork with me.

Also, for anyone interested I had purchased drink coupons - then they discontinued them. The price I paid for the drink coupons was given in a credit to the person - and if you don't use it, you lose it.

BUT, the OBC from price drops IS refundable.

Again - a great, sunny, warm week with delicious food and great service. Thank you, Carnival! (as I watch the snow fall, now that I am home)

Pat

Thanks for the info on the drink coupons! I had been stocking up on some before our cruise next month when they were discontinued. I have been wondering if I was still going to get the coupons or if they would just transfer it into bar credits.

Not crazy about the 'use it or loose it' part of the new credits - but I guess that is the trade off for not having to carry the coupons around with you any more.

Fabulous to hear you had another wonderful vacation! Just a little more time until our 3rd!

It's great you had such a wonderful cruise! :D

What did you have with you that was "proof" of your OBC? Was it a printout of your cruise documents or did you bring the emails for each price drop? I have significant OBC for our upcoming cruise and was planning to bring a copy of our cruise docs that shows the total OBC...

Thanks!

It's great you had such a wonderful cruise! :D

What did you have with you that was "proof" of your OBC? Was it a printout of your cruise documents or did you bring the emails for each price drop? I have significant OBC for our upcoming cruise and was planning to bring a copy of our cruise docs that shows the total OBC...

Thanks!

We had the same problem on our Dream cruise last month. The OBC never actually showed up anywhere in my cruise manager, but the 40.00 difference was clearly shown between our rate (plus gratuities ) and the total amount of payment applied. I had printed the screen in cruise manager that shows what the fare was and what payment was made, etc. I took that to Guest Services and they contacted corporate and within a few hours called my room and told me that the credit was applied.

We had the same problem on our Dream cruise last month. The OBC never actually showed up anywhere in my cruise manager, but the 40.00 difference was clearly shown between our rate (plus gratuities ) and the total amount of payment applied. I had printed the screen in cruise manager that shows what the fare was and what payment was made, etc. I took that to Guest Services and they contacted corporate and within a few hours called my room and told me that the credit was applied.

My cruise docs clearly show the OBC, so that's not the issue for me. But, I've got more than $2,400 in OBC and if there's an issue, I want to be able to clear it up on the ship and not weeks later. That's why I'm asking exactly what OP needed to prove it. Sounds like from what you're saying, if I pring out and bring my cruise docs that should be enough...

I had my cruise documents that clearly showed the amount of OBC we had from each price drop. And the woman I talked to at guest services didn't want to hold up the line, so she photocopied what I had. Later that night she both called our stateroom and we had noticed that it showed up when we used the sail & sign kiosk.

I have to say, she (and everyone else on the ship) was very helpful and kind.

Yes, there were rude cruisers - but the staff was cheerful at all times.

I just wish I could cruise MORE!!!

Pat

I had my cruise documents that clearly showed the amount of OBC we had from each price drop. And the woman I talked to at guest services didn't want to hold up the line, so she photocopied what I had. Later that night she both called our stateroom and we had noticed that it showed up when we used the sail & sign kiosk.

I have to say, she (and everyone else on the ship) was very helpful and kind.

Yes, there were rude cruisers - but the staff was cheerful at all times.

I just wish I could cruise MORE!!!

Pat

Thank you for the info. I'll be sure to take my cruise docs with me.

Seems there always are rude cruisers--or just rude people whenever there are a lot of them in a small area--I just try not to be one of the! :D

We had the same problem on the Breeze in November. We had $200 in obc and it was not on our account. Fortunately, I had taken a printout of my documents showing it. It still took guest services 3 days to get it straightened out. But we did finally get the credit.

When I look on line, I don't see our obc but when I print out our cruise documents it is there. Whenever I receive the early saver discount amount the email also shows the credit. Can't understand why you can't see that by just looking on line. This seems to only happen when we have booked on the ship and received the $100 obc. ???:confused:

When I look on line, I don't see our obc but when I print out our cruise documents it is there. Whenever I receive the early saver discount amount the email also shows the credit. Can't understand why you can't see that by just looking on line. This seems to only happen when we have booked on the ship and received the $100 obc. ???:confused:

I just typed a response about how I didn't understand how the OBC wasn't showing when you viewed your cruise docs but was showing when you print them. Then I realized you must be saying you don't see the OBC on the Manage My Cruise screen that outlines your billing...is that correct? I've never, ever seen it there. It's only been on my cruise docs. On the billing page, it shows only the amounts I've paid and the credit I had from a previous ES cancellation, but it's never shown my OBC.

Archived