Dutch Pancake House

debt

Does anyone have recent experience with this restaurant? Since i'll be in Aruba on a Sunday, seems the best plan would be for a nice walk to town and a nice meal. :)

This is exactly what we did on our Coral 3/7/13 cruise to Panama. We too were there on Sunday and walked from the ship to the Pancake House. It is at the far end of the secondary Rennaisance Shopping Center down the street from the hotel area-NOT by the main hotel and shopping center. Almost all seating is outside, but near a small oceanfront park. It is a good 20 minute walk or so, and further than the google maps showed, since a few cross streets at the end of the cruise pier are now blocked off due to unfinshed and abandoned construction, so one has to go all the way around. But the pancakes were delicious- we each ordered a different flavor of topping (3 of us) and shared the tastes.

Not much was open in town on the walk in or back to the ship. We had hoped to find Dutch chocolate and/or cheese, but no luck. Very few things were open... But we were glad we did it.

This is exactly what we did on our Coral 3/7/13 cruise to Panama. We too were there on Sunday and walked from the ship to the Pancake House. It is at the far end of the secondary Rennaisance Shopping Center down the street from the hotel area-NOT by the main hotel and shopping center. Almost all seating is outside, but near a small oceanfront park. It is a good 20 minute walk or so, and further than the google maps showed, since a few cross streets at the end of the cruise pier are now blocked off due to unfinshed and abandoned construction, so one has to go all the way around. But the pancakes were delicious- we each ordered a different flavor of topping (3 of us) and shared the tastes.

Not much was open in town on the walk in or back to the ship. We had hoped to find Dutch chocolate and/or cheese, but no luck. Very few things were open... But we were glad we did it.

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to bring my long distance sneaks.

We love the pancakes at Dutch Pancake House. They are more like crepes than the type of pancakes that we are used to. My hubby and I like to split a savory pancake and a sweet pancake.

Awesome to hear, but why split? It's your vacation. The only thing that should split are your britches. :rolleyes:

Awesome to hear, but why split? It's your vacation. The only thing that should split are your britches. :rolleyes:

Yes, and my britches are usually about to split by the time we leave Aruba! The pancakes are plate size, about the size of a small pizza. Yummy!

They have a nice variety of pancakes, including some small, puffy ones with lots of choices for tooppings.

Small and puffy are way easier to eat! Do they just have sweet toppings, or do they offer savory as well?

Archived