Windjammer Cafe on Independence & Adventure

Thinking of booking onto either Indy or Adventure for ex-UK 2014 - never been on RCI before.

Is the 'Windjammer Cafe' buffet open practically 24/7 or just at certain times for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? Also, I'm aware it's never more than smart casual dress, but literature I've seen intimates that for evenings it turns into a waiter-service venue. Is this true, or is it just a part of the room that does this, with the self-serve buffet still available in addition ?

Thank you in advance.

Thinking of booking onto either Indy or Adventure for ex-UK 2014 - never been on RCI before.

Is the 'Windjammer Cafe' buffet open practically 24/7 or just at certain times for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? Also, I'm aware it's never more than smart casual dress, but literature I've seen intimates that for evenings it turns into a waiter-service venue. Is this true, or is it just a part of the room that does this, with the self-serve buffet still available in addition ?

Thank you in advance.

Windjammer is not 24 hours, but is open almost continuously from early morning to about 9pm. There may be short times it closes to transition from breakfast to lunch and lunch to dinner.

It's always a buffet, but there may be waiters to get drinks for you. I've even heard of them getting food from the buffet for you in the evening, but this is not universal.

Archived