What do you do with your Carnival pins?

Gayle V

Since I have several duplicate pins if someone is missing one I'll send it to them if I've been on that ship.

Do you happen to have a spare pin from the Carnival Dream or Carnival Liberty you'd be willing to send my way? :D

Pins? What pins? Of course I am still RED :eek:

Used to be that when you cruised you got a pin for whatever ship you were on starting with your second cruise (the old Gold program). So we have Valor and Liberty pins. Guess they don't do it that way anymore. Looks like you have to be in the "New Gold" club.

An inexpensive way to display them would be to cut a piece of corrugated cardboard that would fit in the case, then cover the cardboard with a piece of felt. Take the backs off of the pins and stick the pins in the cardboard.

Good suggestion. Think I'll try it.

Hi all. Well, they used to give pins to all past guests, but if I have it right, they only give them to Platinum now? Is that right?

That's disappointing if true as I have one from all eight of the Carnival ship's we've sailed so far. Would have been nice to have a complete set, even if I never wear them.

Anyway, I'm wondering if and when all of you wear those pins? And how do you wear them? on a hat, collar ...??

I have every fantail pin and extra from every ship, plain and dated for 2000 and 2001, but one. I come to realize that they didn't start giving pins out until after that ship was decommissioned.

I often thought about wearing them on a hat on the ship but carrying around 20 lbs on my head for 7 days just didn't seem like pleasure to me not to mention I didn't want to take the chance on losing them. :rolleyes:

I have also started collecting the new VIFP pins and will be adding many to my collection for both 2012 and 2013. I keep them safe and in a secure shadowbox for display.

If anyone has any they would like to get rid of I would be interested. You can contact me at........

rockee40

at

comcast

dot

net

Pins are given to Gold and above past guests.

I have a large punch bowl on a shelf in my bedroom and I put all my pins and other Carnival stuff in there.

Since I have several duplicate pins if someone is missing one I'll send it to them if I've been on that ship.

OMG! Do you have any Triumph pins? Ours burned in our house fire back in 2011.

Used to be that when you cruised you got a pin for whatever ship you were on starting with your second cruise (the old Gold program). So we have Valor and Liberty pins. Guess they don't do it that way anymore. Looks like you have to be in the "New Gold" club.

I know I was just kidding. We sailed on The Conquest twice and The Magic once and never received pins. I'll just wait until I reach Gold to start collecting them.

But THANKS for explaining this to me. :)

I know I was just kidding. We sailed on The Conquest twice and The Magic once and never received pins. I'll just wait until I reach Gold to start collecting them.

But THANKS for explaining this to me. :)

Kinda stinks IMO. But oh well. I enjoy the watercolor prints of the ship they give you on the last night better. Don't tell me they don't do that anymore, either. They do, right?

They're in our junk drawer. I'd leave them, but somehow they always end up packed in our luggage.

I keep trying to lose mine but they keep showing back up. I feel like I should be doing something with them. The only one I care about at all is the MSC one- very nice looking.

Kinda stinks IMO. But oh well. I enjoy the watercolor prints of the ship they give you on the last night better. Don't tell me they don't do that anymore, either. They do, right?

I can't remember the last time we received the watercolor prints. 2006?

For each cruise that we've been on, I have bought a model of that ship. I find a picture of that ship, put the name of the ship and our sailing date and frame it. I drill a small hole on the left side of the frame, take the backing off and glue it into the frame. Then I hang the picture above the ship's model. They are all on a shelf in my garage. On one end of the shelf is a whaletale cup and the other end has a blowfish cup.

Take a picture and post it please! :D

Archived