What do you do with your Carnival pins?

Gayle V

Hi all. Well, they used to give pins to all past guests, but if I have it right, they only give them to Platinum now? Is that right?

That's disappointing if true as I have one from all eight of the Carnival ship's we've sailed so far. Would have been nice to have a complete set, even if I never wear them.

Anyway, I'm wondering if and when all of you wear those pins? And how do you wear them? on a hat, collar ...??

Hi all. Well, they used to give pins to all past guests, but if I have it right, they only give them to Platinum now? Is that right?

That's disappointing if true as I have one from all eight of the Carnival ship's we've sailed so far. Would have been nice to have a complete set, even if I never wear them.

Anyway, I'm wondering if and when all of you wear those pins? And how do you wear them? on a hat, collar ...??

I used to purchase a ball cap from each cruise and put the pin on it, but now you can't get ball caps with ships names on them so,,,

For each cruise that we've been on, I have bought a model of that ship. I find a picture of that ship, put the name of the ship and our sailing date and frame it. I drill a small hole on the left side of the frame, take the backing off and glue it into the frame. Then I hang the picture above the ship's model. They are all on a shelf in my garage. On one end of the shelf is a whaletale cup and the other end has a blowfish cup.

Pins are given to Gold and above past guests.

I have a large punch bowl on a shelf in my bedroom and I put all my pins and other Carnival stuff in there.

Since I have several duplicate pins if someone is missing one I'll send it to them if I've been on that ship.

My pins are on my backpack that I travel with, along with pins from places I've been. Looks pretty amazing and it is fun to look at them while traveling and talk about where we were when we got a pin.

I've seen people wear them on a hat, a lanyard, and/or a vest, depending on how many they have. I have, on occasion, used one of my cruise ship pins as a tie tack. In addition to collecting cruise ship pins, I also like to collect pins from the various ports we visit. At home, I keep my pins in a men's jewelry box that my DW gave me. They make good souviners of our cruises. Hint: If you're missing any pins from past cruises, look for them on eBay.

I have a US Navy base ball cap and I have attached all my ship pins to it and also a Carnival Platinum Pin. The hat has gold braid on the visor. I only wear this hat for cruises and when not cruising, it is proudly display in a glassed cabinet next to my Carnival Ship On A Stick. The only problem is that the officers salute me as I come on board.

My pins are just sitting in a drawer.

I collect decorative thimbles from each port & each state. Recently bought a 2nd case to display them in. Wonder how I could add the ship pins to my display case.

Any suggestions?

My pins are just sitting in a drawer.

I collect decorative thimbles from each port & each state. Recently bought a 2nd case to display them in. Wonder how I could add the ship pins to my display case.

Any suggestions?

An inexpensive way to display them would be to cut a piece of corrugated cardboard that would fit in the case, then cover the cardboard with a piece of felt. Take the backs off of the pins and stick the pins in the cardboard.

I have a U.S.M.C. baseball cap that I usually stick the pins on, but the new pins are much larger than the old ones, so there isn't as much space on the hat for 'em. The duplicates are in a drawer. :cool:

"SKY"

DH and I were hot air balloonists for 25+ years and trading pins is a favorite activity of balloonists. Over the years we bought thousands of custom designed pins and traded them, gave them to crew, etc. I recently did two pin books of the most special ones for my darling granddaughter.

I have to say the VIFP gold pins are really cheap. I put one on a ball cap, kept it in the closet and within 2 months, the pin was so rusty I threw it away. Never had that happen with any of my balloon pins.

Only pin DW and I have are the ones from our Fascination cruise last October. We kept them as they were the new Platinum pins, just a little larger than the old pins. All the others were given away, thrown out, or left on the ship. Quite frankly, as we don't collect them, not sure why we kept the new pins.

Archived