Grand Turk

Yes but the locals have been told not to drink the water, all the while they claim there is no threat the cruisers/tourists!

Both Articles published on TCI April 5:

Cruise Center To Reopen April 8

Drink Only Bottled or Boiled Water, Says Local Health Ministry

We will be very cautious on what we consume while there next month!

Yes but the locals have been told not to drink the water, all the while they claim there is no threat the cruisers/tourists!

Both Articles published on TCI April 5:

Cruise Center To Reopen April 8

Drink Only Bottled or Boiled Water, Says Local Health Ministry

We will be very cautious on what we consume while there next month!

We are scheduled for Grand Turk from 1 - 7 pm. I think it will be easy to just eat lunch before we get off the ship. Then go back to the ship for our late dinner time.

Does anyone know if we can bring our own soda cans off the ship with us?

Maggie

I'm with ya 'sunny' (Lynda) - hope to do some snorkeling from Jack's Shack!!! I'll look on the forum for people coming through there this week! See if they are coming home ill again! Let's cross our fingers... I'd like to stop at the port but not if it's still risky....:rolleyes:

DO you think there will be a concern swimming ? It is possible to swallow water ! I go there very soon !! I will be keeping my eyes on CC for updates on Grand Turk, if others are getting sick ?!

This is what I want to know! I have a poolside cabana rented for April 18 and it would suck if I couldn't swim! :eek:

This is what I want to know! I have a poolside cabana rented for April 18 and it would suck if I couldn't swim! :eek:

Me too - we don't have a cabana, but I was looking forward to the pool. I wanted to sip on a Margarita, but I can have a beer!

I'm wondering if, considering the circumstances, Margaritaville could bring in bottled water for drinks and ice and if they would. Seems to me they will lose a lot of business if they don't. The last time, my Margarita came in a plastic glass - which I saved! :)

DO you think there will be a concern swimming ? It is possible to swallow water ! I go there very soon !! I will be keeping my eyes on CC for updates on Grand Turk, if others are getting sick ?!

I'm with ya 'sunny' (Lynda) - hope to do some snorkeling from Jack's Shack!!! I'll look on the forum for people coming through there this week! See if they are coming home ill again! Let's cross our fingers... I'd like to stop at the port but not if it's still risky....:rolleyes:

I don't think snorkeling or swimming in the ocean would a problem. But I would definitely avoid swimming in the pool at Margaritaville. I don't even know why the pool would be open if there's still a potential health risk.

I don't think snorkeling or swimming in the ocean would a problem. But I would definitely avoid swimming in the pool at Margaritaville. I don't even know why the pool would be open if there's still a potential health risk.

Someone posted on the other GT thread that the pools are treated with chemicals - I had forgotten about that. I would think that chlorine would kill most germs/bacteria.

Archived