Paris Hotel Recommendations

LexusBaby

TripAdvisor, Cruise Critic's sister website, specializes in hotel reviews and recommendations. I think that is probably the better site for the info you need.

I agree. We stayed at Hotel Muguet our last stay and it was great. not sure where your ship docks in Paris.

I imagine the Uniworld (good choice!) boat will dock in the middle of Paris, so you will have a choice of hundreds of hotels. Depends what sort of hotel you want but the Latin Quarter is a nice place to start. If you want some ideas of a few "safe bets" let me know, I've written an article on that.

Thanks for the information I'm going to review your article to try and find a Hotel.

This will be my first River cruise and first visit to Paris.

Check out Venere.com for hotles...they are listed by area and price.May be of help to you to use this.

Although my question is not associated with a cruise, I am also interested in a hotel in Paris. I have always had good experiences with information from Cruise Critic posters. so I am asking for help on this forum. My husband and I plan to arrive at CDG at 5:30AM from a flight from Jordan. We leave 2 days later. We have visited Paris twice previously, so we don't feel the need to see everything. We are most interested in a hotel that is easily reached from the metro and is nice but not luxury. Any advice and recommendations are very much appreciated! Thank you! Debra

Although my question is not associated with a cruise, I am also interested in a hotel in Paris. I have always had good experiences with information from Cruise Critic posters. so I am asking for help on this forum. My husband and I plan to arrive at CDG at 5:30AM from a flight from Jordan. We leave 2 days later. We have visited Paris twice previously, so we don't feel the need to see everything. We are most interested in a hotel that is easily reached from the metro and is nice but not luxury. Any advice and recommendations are very much appreciated! Thank you! Debra

Don't know which arrondissement you prefer, but I like St Germaine and the boutique hotel Des Academies et des Artes. We took the RER from CDG to Luxembourg, and walked a short distance to the hotel. There is a metro stop within a block. We were able to walk to fabulous restaurants in Montparnasse (hotel staff made reservations for us) every night. The hotel is small, beautiful, has a little spa with a masseuse, great breakfasts with fresh pastries and yogurt from Normandy, terrific staff, and the neighborhood is very nice, near Luxembourg Park, very quiet and walkable area near cafes and shops. We are headed back next year, can't wait.

Have a look at something I wrote: http://eurotravelmag.com/paris/

They are really meant as good "safe bets". Recently I've also found the Mercure opposite the Sorbonne to be a good, small hotel, although therooms are not massive. That really is the problem with hotels in Paris - very often, in hotels of all categories, you can end up in a tiny room. Booking.com is good - they tend to give room and also bed sizes.

Hope this helps

David

Archived