Early Saver for Dummies

vamartha

Sorry, I don't have all the answers! I'm hoping that someone will someday write the ultimate guide to Early Saver, but until that happens and I buy the copy with the yellow cover, I have a question.

We are sailing in late October and hadn't seen any fluctuations in the pricing.

But, now I see higher categories for less than we paid. For example, I am booked an 8F. Of which there aren't any available - or at least they don't show on the Fare Viewer. Lets say this fare is $1000 per person ($2000 for a couple).

Now I do see what I suppose are higher catagories - 8G and 8P and both of them are lower than what I am paying for an 8F. Lets say the 8G is $1950 and the 8P is $1975.

Is that an early saver situation? Or am I understanding it wrong and I can only get price matching for an 8F?

Thanks!

You should be able to upgrade to the higher category, and you should also get a credit of $25 or $50 in your example. If you haven't paid in full, your balance due should be reduced by the credit amount. If you've paid in full, you'll receive onboard credit for the price difference.

You should be able to upgrade to the higher category, and you should also get a credit of $25 or $50 in your example. If you haven't paid in full, your balance due should be reduced by the credit amount. If you've paid in full, you'll receive onboard credit for the price difference.

Thank you!

Actually this question just came to mind.

What happens if I don' want to move to the higher category?

They are Spa Cabins and I'm a smoker. I don't want to move to either of those decks, really would just like the price reduction. We are not Paid in Full as of yet.

If you find a lower Carnival advertised fare after booking your cruise, we will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: (a) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests (b) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate and © a rate the guest in the cabin are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Early Saver guests are not eligible to be protected on the following programs: Super Saver, Instant Saver or any other program that does not allow cabin selection at the time of booking

you can be upgraded but they wont match that price for you UNLESS it is advertised for the same category/price you are already booked.

cheers!

~S

They are Spa Cabins and I'm a smoker. I don't want to move to either of those decks, really would just like the price reduction. We are not Paid in Full as of yet.

Don't upgrade all the way, take the 8G.

It's supposed to be an either/or scenario. Either you get OBC or you upgrade. But if your category is sold out, I have read here in the past that Carnival will sometimes let you get the OBC without changing cabins.

You can still try submitting the form, but clearly indicate on it that you want the OBC and not the upgrade.

You might want to try a mock booking..it seems early for a category to be sold out for an October sailing already. A while back someone posted that all the coves were sold out for my September sailing on the Breeze, I don't know what they were looking at but there are still lots available. It'sworth checking.

Thanks to all. I submitted the form but hopefully made it clear enough that I don't want to change cabins.

It would be nice to receive but my having a good time won't hinge on a $50 credit! And, October 26th is a long way away. 203 days exactly! :D

Are they showing a price on the 8F or it's not even listed because it's sold out? Assuming there is no price listed because it's sold out, how can they give you a refund when there is no price listed? Have to compare apples to apples regardless if the higher categories are lower. You either accept an upgrade or you stay where you are butI would be surprised if they give you a refund/OBC.

Thanks to all. I submitted the form but hopefully made it clear enough that I don't want to change cabins.

It would be nice to receive but my having a good time won't hinge on a $50 credit! And, October 26th is a long way away. 203 days exactly! :D

I wonder if we're on the same sailing. Are you on the Breeze? Someone posted earlier in the roll call that they didn't want the Spa Balcony because they smoke, but it was cheaper than their balcony.

Archived