Waitlisted Excursions, keep checking!

localady

For our upcoming cruise, DH and I were interested in a HAL excursion that was already sold out and we were placed on a waitlist. This excursion was only offered for one trip (12:30) and had just 60 openings max. We believed that if there was an opening, HAL would contact us as we were on the waitlist.

Well last night I went back into the excursion offerings figuring I'd better examine the other offerings as port is Haines, and there wasn't a great deal you could do independently last time we were there. How surprised I was to discover that a 2nd time for our waitlisted excursion had opened up for 4:00 and HAL didn't notify us. Needless to say, I booked immediately.

So my suggestion to you is that you keep checking the website if you are really interested in a particular excursion. Just because you are waitlisted, doesn't mean they won't open additional times without notifying you.

Sher, I agree one must constantly be checking. The problem is that the excursions department most likely recently added this and one hand does not know what the other is doing most likely two weeks from now you may get an email stating that HAL has released additional excursions :D Glad you were able to grab the excursion.

Sher, I agree one must constantly be checking. The problem is that the excursions department most likely recently added this and one hand does not know what the other is doing most likely two weeks from now you may get an email stating that HAL has released additional excursions :D Glad you were able to grab the excursion.

I was really glad to find the second offering of the excursion!:D

I am sure that eventually they may notify those waitlisted that there is additional availability, but boy would I have been upset if the second offering filled before I received that notification! :rolleyes:

We both know keeping an eye on things like pricing and excursions can pay off ! ;)

Archived