Eastern Mediterranean - Splendour of the Seas or Costa Magica?

Tapi

Which one would you pick?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you pick?

• Splendour of the Seas
    • Costa Magica

Hello:

Torn between these two itineraries. It will be our first time sailing in the Eastern Mediterranean. Besides Venice, all ports will be new to us. Which one would you pick (based on itinerary, ships, and cruise line).

Thanks for your input:

Option 1: Splendour of the Seas

Day 1 Venice

Day 2 Dubrovnik

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 Kusadasi (Ephesus)

Day 5 Santorini

Day 6 Katakolon

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Venice

Option 2: Costa Magica

Day 1 Venice

Day 2 Bari

Day 3 Katakolon

Day 4 Athens (Piraeus)

Day 5 Izmir (Ephesus)

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 Dubrovnik

Day 8 Venice

What we like about the Splendour: Recently renovated, more restrictive smoking policy, 2 days at sea (which we enjoy), Visits Santorini

What we like about the Magica: More international clientele. Haven't sailed on Costa in decades (try something new), Visits Athens.

Santorini and Kusadai are 2 of my favorite cruise ports of all time. If you haven't been there, they are a must. If you choose this route, make sure to get over to Oia in Santorini and Ephesus in Kusadasi.

Between the 2 ships, it wouldn't even be a choice to me. But then again, I don't think I'll ever book Costa.

Enjoy your cruise, whichever you choose. Venice is the best sailaway!

I'm looking at these (and others) for next year. I've ruled out the Magica because of her horrible port times. The average is about 5.5 hours for each port...not enough for me!

I totally agree with you. Port times are way to short. To short for these ports as there are so much to explore in each one.

I think the only Costa ship I would probably concider is the Costa Neo Romantica. The rest just looks like a nightmare to me.

Another vote for the Splendor of the Seas. That was my first cruise and I had a blast on the boat and at the various ports. There is a week in July where this cruise does 8 nights rather than 7 nights and they tend to add in another Greek Island. You might want to look for that cruise. Our "extra" island was Mykonos which I loved the most.

ETA: The Splendor was very international feeling. Every announcement was made in 7 different languages. It was quite funny how long it took to get through a quick announcement.

Archived