RCCL Ship Tour to Snorkeling Buck Island

swimgirl1

Anyone taken this tour before offered by RCCL, just wondering how far the catermaran docks from the island. We mostly wanted to hang out on the beach, not really snorkel there?

I have only visited St. Croix and Buck Island by land so don't know which operator RCCL uses. Do they give you a name? You probably will be driven to Christiansted (30 minute cab/shuttle ride) to go over to Buck Island from there. No boats can make the trip from F'sted.

• 1 month later...

this info may be late, but the Buck Island Tour we did through RCCL was on a powerboat after the bus ride, not a catamaran. And no, it did not stop near the island. This tour was set up just for snorkeling - no relaxing sail or beach break. Though we enjoyed the rum punch on the way back and the snorkeling was amazing!

this info may be late, but the Buck Island Tour we did through RCCL was on a powerboat after the bus ride, not a catamaran. And no, it did not stop near the island. This tour was set up just for snorkeling - no relaxing sail or beach break. Though we enjoyed the rum punch on the way back and the snorkeling was amazing!

I have been wondering about this trip too and from I read on the website the snorkel time was only 1 hour. So, a lot of traveling. Did it seem like enough time?

It was enough time. The first time we took this tour they took us in smaller groups through the trail and then gave us free time to explore more. The second time I went they gave you the option to go out on your own - which we gladly did. We found an area on the back where the reef dropped off; it was very cool!

• 5 months later...