How To Book Tabyana.

MT_DreamChaser

What "experience" are you looking for? You will be porting in Mahagony Bay. It is Carnival's man made cruise center/beach. If you are looking for something else, just read thru recent threads and you'll find lots of hints and rec's for spending the day on the island. Guess we would need more details on what kind of day you want.;)

So far, this isn't showing up as an option through Carnival and in looking at their website I cannot book with them independently. Is there any other way to book and if not, what other options do I have for a comparable experience?

My wife books this beach/snorkel trip after we are aboard the Carnival ship & it is probably the only ship's tour we book ever.

Just go to the Shore Excursion desk the first time they are open & ask to book the Tayabana Beach snorkel tour. If you are not taking your own snorkel gear, you can rent it there from Tayabana Beach or from a vendor right on the beach.

This is probably the very best snorkeling we have ever done, anywhere !!

Bill in FL

• 2 weeks later...
My wife books this beach/snorkel trip after we are aboard the Carnival ship & it is probably the only ship's tour we book ever.

Just go to the Shore Excursion desk the first time they are open & ask to book the Tayabana Beach snorkel tour. If you are not taking your own snorkel gear, you can rent it there from Tayabana Beach or from a vendor right on the beach.

This is probably the very best snorkeling we have ever done, anywhere !!

Bill in FL

The problem is, the Tabyanana tour isn't showing available for my cruise. I'm not sure if it will show later or not. We aren't the only carnival ship that is docked for the day so maybe they are limiting this excursions to other carnival ships???

If it doesn't become available through the ship, are there other companies that offer the excursion and what other places are on either side of Tabyana that offer day excursions?

The problem is, the Tabyanana tour isn't showing available for my cruise. I'm not sure if it will show later or not. We aren't the only carnival ship that is docked for the day so maybe they are limiting this excursions to other carnival ships???

If it doesn't become available through the ship, are there other companies that offer the excursion and what other places are on either side of Tabyana that offer day excursions?

First call Carnival and ask if it will be available on your cruise. I would expect that yes it would be.

You do not need to purchase an "excursion" for the beach. You can book thru places like Fosters or Bananrama and get transportation and cahirs on the beach. Then just rent the snorkel equip if interested. Or you can just cab it on your own.

You can book a day pass at Mayan PRincess resort which then would give you a pool to use too.

Food/drink is available all along the beach.

• 4 months later...
So far, this isn't showing up as an option through Carnival and in looking at their website I cannot book with them independently. Is there any other way to book and if not, what other options do I have for a comparable experience?

I'm wondering the same thing. I couldn't find it on our Magic cruise also in January.

Everyone is going to get mad at me for saying this because the beach right there at Mahogany Bay doesn't let you see the REAL Roatan

but .. but ... but

It's a very decent beach area with lots of beach chairs (n/c) and nice beach beach bar ... absolutely not too shabby a way to send the day without having to plan anything. ;)

LuLu

~~~~

Everyone is going to get mad at me for saying this because the beach right there at Mahogany Bay doesn't let you see the REAL Roatan

but .. but ... but

It's a very decent beach area with lots of beach chairs (n/c) and nice beach beach bar ... absolutely not too shabby a way to send the day without having to plan anything. ;)

LuLu

~~~~

The downside is that the water at Mahogany Bay is a murky mess, since it was dredged out to accomodate the ships.

The water at West Bay, etc.. is crystal clear beautiful Caribbean water.

The difference of spending a day at a super nice water park or the tiny neighborhood pool.

You get what you pay for and the effort you put in.

But it is nice for Carnival to offer Mahogany Bay to the folks who want free and zero effort. (personally we save free and zero or little effort for Belize and Costa Maya which don't have nearly as much to offer as Roatan.)

Bill

We basically want a great snorkel spot, and West Bay area sounds great. But, its just the HOW to get there, where to go, etc w/o spending a fortune. I can't find a West Bay excursion through the Magic in January. I guess we'll have to book independently. We usually do independent excursions, so that's not a problem - its just figuring out the best way to get to the beach, and the best price.

• 2 weeks later...

You can book the cruisers package from Bananarama Resort. Its on West Bay Beach 5 minute walk from Tabayana. They provide transportation to and from the port. Not as crowded as Tabayana. They have snorkel gear for rent if you don't have your own. You can book the tour through their web page.

http://www.bananaramadive.com/cruise-shippers/index.html

I haven't been back to check on this in awhile and I appreciate all the responses. I will check out the info given. I am set on Tabyana as my first choice. I want a place where I will see fish when I snorkel. Also, I have been told by someone I trust, who has been there before, that at Tabyana you can walk right off the shore and into the water to snorkel and you can be waist deep in the water and see fish. This is very important because my mother, who is in her 60's, cannot swim. She is ok with a life jacket (not a snorkel vest), which we'll be taking, as well as our own snorkel gear. She is very afraid of the water so it takes her some time to get in to where her head is submerged. Once she gets past her initial fear, she is good to go. There will also be several of us there to help her feel safe.

I haven't been back to check on this in awhile and I appreciate all the responses. I will check out the info given. I am set on Tabyana as my first choice. I want a place where I will see fish when I snorkel. Also, I have been told by someone I trust, who has been there before, that at Tabyana you can walk right off the shore and into the water to snorkel and you can be waist deep in the water and see fish. This is very important because my mother, who is in her 60's, cannot swim. She is ok with a life jacket (not a snorkel vest), which we'll be taking, as well as our own snorkel gear. She is very afraid of the water so it takes her some time to get in to where her head is submerged. Once she gets past her initial fear, she is good to go. There will also be several of us there to help her feel safe.

Hope you understand that when people are trying to give you other options, like Banarama, that Tabyana and Banarama ARE the EXACT same stretch of beach.

They are just the names of the beach clubs ON WEST BAY beach....

It would be like at say, Daytona Beach or Myrtle Beach in the US where people say "the Marriott" or the "Hilton" to describe where they are on that particular beach.

Bill

Hopefully this picture makes it easier for you to understand what everybody is trying to tell you.

inifintybay.jpg

The arrow is to the kidney shape where the best snorkeling is.

So technically the better snorkeling spot would be Infinity Bay next door, NOT Tabyana.

Here is another good aerial shot from the opposite direction.

20281e30-9dc6-4bcf-a91f-7737802fc90e.jpg?rnd=0.1927258

Bill

Edited by bguppies

You can book the cruisers package from Bananarama Resort. Its on West Bay Beach 5 minute walk from Tabayana. They provide transportation to and from the port. Not as crowded as Tabayana. They have snorkel gear for rent if you don't have your own. You can book the tour through their web page.

This is what we did last time...and then we snorkeled up and down the beach, with Bananarama being our 'home base'.

We booked Bananarama a few weeks ago for our cruise in December. Once I saw I didn't have to plan transportation, fight for a chair, look for facilities, search for a bar and it comes with a free drink.....i was sold!! I absolutely can't wait for December!

We booked Bananarama a few weeks ago for our cruise in December. Once I saw I didn't have to plan transportation, fight for a chair, look for facilities, search for a bar and it comes with a free drink.....i was sold!! I absolutely can't wait for December!

Be careful with their rum punches...I don't recall the trip back to the port. ;)

Be careful with their rum punches...I don't recall the trip back to the port. ;)

I'm not sure I see the issue here.....:D:D:D

Sounds a lot like us in Cozumel after we leave Mr. Sanchos and then Fat Tuesday before getting back on the boat :p

• 1 month later...

Bumping this back up...is it possible to spend the day at Infinity Bay? Definitely want to be at this end for the snorkeling, but also looking for a "day pass" - all inclusive (drinks and meals) and not so much of party atmosphere. Would like a peaceful, beautiful day enjoying the surroundings and eat local cuisine. Any recommendations other than Bananarama and Tabayana?

Bumping this back up...is it possible to spend the day at Infinity Bay? Definitely want to be at this end for the snorkeling, but also looking for a "day pass" - all inclusive (drinks and meals) and not so much of party atmosphere. Would like a peaceful, beautiful day enjoying the surroundings and eat local cuisine. Any recommendations other than Bananarama and Tabayana?

Infinity Bay will not promise a pass..it is first come, first served. if you got there early you would probably be ok. I hear they have a great pool and the food is really good.

We plan to snorkel West Bay too but we have decided to hire a driver from Ronys for the day. For $40 pp, they will do whatever you ask. We are planning a quick walk through the West End, a few scenic stops for photos and then head right to West Bay. The driver knows where the public access spots are and he will stay with our stuff. We will be face down in the water so we will not need a chair. If it rains or we get tired of snorkeling, we can have him bring us to a restaurant or out for more touring. Most companies charge $30 pp just for transportation...this gives us way more flexibility and we can do exactly what we want to do for an extra $10pp!

Lauri

• 2 weeks later...

The Tabyana Beach Carnival excursion is available for my cruise however it is $44.99 per person and it looks like it only includes transportation and a chair. We have four in our family and that seems an awful lot for what we are getting. I am going to check into transportation independently.

The Tabyana Beach Carnival excursion is available for my cruise however it is $44.99 per person and it looks like it only includes transportation and a chair. We have four in our family and that seems an awful lot for what we are getting. I am going to check into transportation independently.

Check with Christopher Tours. I am also a family of 4 and used them in the past and booked them again. They are fantastic and I wanna say only like $25 per person. They stay with you all day and protect you like family.

We did zip and beach. It was bucket list awesome!

Edited by MichelleChell