Live music on the Dream

tmh9

I'd be curious as to what live music is on the Dream. Specifically, any steel drums played on the Lido deck? Live music for the production shows? It's been a long time since I've seen anyone playing steel drums on a cruise and I think that takes away from the experience.

Will be on Dream in July. Have heard mostly very good things about the Blackjack Band - I think they play in Ocean Plaza? Also saw recently (in the All Things Dream thread) that they're on vacation from mid-May to early July - I hope they return afterwards.

Will be on Dream in July. Have heard mostly very good things about the Blackjack Band - I think they play in Ocean Plaza? Also saw recently (in the All Things Dream thread) that they're on vacation from mid-May to early July - I hope they return afterwards.

We're leaving on the Dream May 25th, no Blackjack Band for us. Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

That would be cool if the calypso bands were brought back, the guitar players on the lido deck just doesn't make the cut. The cover bands is what makes a cruise good or bad besides there is nothing like dancing to live music.

Gary

News out today that Carnival will consider bringing back the Caribbean bands.

I hope so. It's a win-win for all. Improved pool side atmosphere and bands can sell their music to cruisers looking to take some Caribbean soul back home.:cool:

Archived