Booked a balcony through an upgrade- price drop

mfars

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing but I need some help! I booked the Breakaway during the upgrade promotion. I booked a category OA which upgraded to BC for $899. The OA category is now $749 am I eligible for the difference because that is what we originally booked or does the category BC have to drop below $899? Thanks for the help!!!

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing but I need some help! I booked the Breakaway during the upgrade promotion. I booked a category OA which upgraded to BC for $899. The OA category is now $749 am I eligible for the difference because that is what we originally booked or does the category BC have to drop below $899? Thanks for the help!!!

Since you upgraded during the promotion, Most likely they will not drop your price, as now you are actually booked in a BC category. If the BC price drops below what you paid, then maybe, but I still wouldn't count on it. You can always watch the prices, call and see what they say but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The first thing they do when you call about something like this is to see what the price is now as opposed to when you booked. Since you are in BC now, that is the pricing they will most likely look at not the OA.

Either way, never hurts to be nice and ask! lol

Well, if you are still pre-final payment, you might be able to get the new price if you gave up the upgrade. If saving money is more appealing than the balcony, call and see what they will do.

On cruises I think might have slack demand, I sometimes book the least expensive room that will satisfy me, snagging any price drops before final payment. Then I watch prices on better cabins (especially after final payment); if an nice price appears for a better cabin, I try to pay the difference to upgrade. If the prices go up rather than down, I stay in the adequate cabin I booked. That is one strategy if you think demand for one's cruise might be rather weak....since you are on breakaway, I do not think demand will be weak. I'd book a good cabin from the get-go.

Archived