How does this plan sound?

Kroozen

Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help with my plan for Bermuda. I've been there before, so I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, I just need help with the plan...

Day 1: Since we dock at 3pm, and assuming it'll be an hour or so before we can disembark, I'm thinking Day 1 will be a dockyard day. We'll go to a a few shops, see the museum, and maybe a drink at the Frog & Onion.

Day 2: Since this is a full day, I'm thinking we'll get an early start to hit Horseshoe Bay. We'll stay there for a few hours, then head to The Swizzle Inn for some rum swizzles and a bite to eat.

Day 3: Another early start since the ship leaves at 6pm. We'll head to St. George's via the ferry. We'll explore St. Georges for a few hours, and then head to Tobacco Bay before heading back to the ship at 3pm. (I want to give myself plenty of time!)

Does that sound do-able? Would anyone do it in a different order?

THANKS!

I would consider interchanging days 2 and 3. There's very limited ferry service to St. George's and it can be risky to visit there on departure day. Since I don't know what days of the week you're going to be there I can't give exact advice based on the schedule, but you can look at it yourself (it's a large file and downloads slowly):

http://seaexpress.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202013.pdf

Ah, thanks for the advice! We arrive on a Sunday, and leave on Tuesday. I will definitely switch days 2 & 3. Is snorkel park any good? I'm thinking about maybe going there for an hour or 2 the day we arrive.

Ah, thanks for the advice! We arrive on a Sunday, and leave on Tuesday. I will definitely switch days 2 & 3. Is snorkel park any good? I'm thinking about maybe going there for an hour or 2 the day we arrive.

Snorkel Park is a man-made beach, not at all comparable to Bermuda's beautiful natural beaches...and they charge admission on most days of the week (don't ask me which days, because it seems to be at their whim). I've also seen a number of complaints posted on Cruise Critic about broken glass on their beach.

My wife once asked to just peek inside to see what it was like, and they refused...insisted on charging admission just to look inside. Needless to say that cost them any chance of getting our business.

Thanks for the info. The last time I was there we had 2 full days and 2 half days. I wish they didn't add in an extra sea day, but I guess everyone needs to make money and keeping you on the ship for an extra day is a sure way to make some!

Archived