Carnival Dream

Hello all..

Just curious since we sail on the Dream 4/27/2013.

How is the entertainment on the Dream and anyone know who the CD is?

How is the food and staff on the Dream?

New to sailing out on the east coast. What excursions are good, we are sailing with the in-laws. Looking for something in Cozumel and Belize.

Basically looking for any info that can be passed along.

Getting excited since this will be our 1st cruise on the east coast and our 1st since the Carnival Splendor fire.

Thanks...Happy Sailing all!!

It looks like Jaime Deitsch will be returning from vacation that week. Hopefully, that's true, because she's a great CD. I had her in Nov 2011 when she was new to the CD thing. She was great then, and has only improved, and nothing but positives I've heard since.

The entertainment on the Dream is probably the best of any of Carnival's ships. The shows are amazing! Dancing in the Streets will get the most hype and have the biggest crowds. Show up early for good seats to all the shows. All 3 production shows are awesome! Dream is one of the few ships left that still has a cover band. Black Jack Band plays plays in the oceans plaza. I've had them for 5 cruises, and they are a great band and very friendly. I've talked plenty with them over the years. Tell them Colin says hello. :)

I'm not a foodie, but the food is good to me.

Cozumel is an easy place to do something on your own, if you're staying on the island. If you just want a relaxing beach day, there are tons of options. If you want a climbing iceberg and slides to climb on out in the water, Paradise Beach is a great option. If you don't want that but would prefer something quiet and unlimited drinks, look into Nachi Cocum. People wanting quiet and an empty beach love that place. Chankanaab Park is a nice place for some easy snorkeling and watching sea lion shows among other things. There are so many great beach clubs just a short taxi ride away. No need to go through Carnival for anything there unless you're going to the mainland.

Belize is a very long tender ride in. That complicates things. Going through Carnival for an excursion is a good option here. You didn't mention what you were doing in Roatan, but I do highly encourage you to venture away from the port area. Get away from that basic, manmade beach at the port. You can find beaches like that anywhere. But the rest of that island is spectacular! So many things to do, beautiful scenary. Off the west end beaches, they have the most amazing snorkeling I've seen anywhere!!!!!! We did a tour through Victor Bodden, and it was quite cheap, and we got so much out of it!

On embarkation day and sea days, the ship has a pasta bar for lunch. It's upstairs from the aft buffet. Many people don't know about it early on, so if you enjoy pasta, it's a good spot for the first couple days. There is also a BBQ on the lanai on deck 5 on sea days. So there are plenty of food options.

Hello all..

If Jaime is back, she was the best CD we have had yet.

Her staff seemed to have so many more activities going on all day long, even on port days.

The Pasta Bar for lunch, above the Lido Buffett was amazing. (except the Lasagna)

If it would have been open for dinner, I would never have seen the main dining room.

Ekatarina, our bar server in the ATD dining room (Crimson) was by far the best we have ever had.

Wait Staff was good.

Room stewards were excellent. (as usual)

New to sailing out on the east coast. What excursions are good, we are sailing with the in-laws. Looking for something in Cozumel and Belize.

I can only recommend a day at Nachi Cocum, as DW and I did that on our first trip to Cozumel and we have gone there every trip since (4 times now!!) and have had a great time, every time.

For your $55pp, you get all you can drink (alcoholic or non), 3 course meal and a limit of a 100 people per day using the facility.

Google it and see how gorgeous the pool and facilities are.

If you want a quiet, relaxing, pampered day in Cozumel, without crowds, then Nachi Cocum is the place.

If you prefer more of a party atmosphere, or need water toys, etc... there are plenty of other beach clubs that cater to every kind of vacationer. (just check the Cozumel boards in here if you want more details of the various other clubs.)

Definitely book an excursion in Belize, as it is not a wander around town casually kind of stop.

The tiny, walled in shopping area, is NOT worth the very long tendering process in and the even worse wait in the extreme heat to board the tender back.

Getting excited since this will be our 1st cruise on the east coast and our 1st since the Carnival Splendor fire.

Port Canaveral was by the far the best port and staff for embarkation/debarkation.

Smoothly run and well staffed.

Hope that helps.

Have a great cruise.

Bill

The wife and I are booked on her again (they canceled her cruise last month because of possible back up generator problems, so I thought we'd try it again) the 3rd week of March 2014, which is the week of our anniversary. We've never sailed on the Dream, so I'm excited AND I want to find out everything I can about her. Sooo ALL you past passengers, lemme in on ALL her 'secrets' !! :) Many thanks, to ALL that reply !

Loved my first Dream cruise in Jan so much that I booked her again for my 37 year anniversary with DH in December. I think Jaime was the first CD that we've ever had that I actually remember! She was all over the place, very warm and interested in everyone have a fun time and dang..... that girl has more energy in her body than General Electric!

We had ATD and Lucio (17 years w/Carnival) and his team were a great wait staff team and if he's still on the ship I'd ask for his station for sure. My fingers are crossed he'll return after his time off to the Dream so my DH can be spoiled too.

You'll have a great time!!

Hello all..

We cruised on the DREAM last November and did a Wallace River cruise / Mayan Ruins, bus tour that was really nice in Belize through Carnival. We have a couple of physical issues but this excursion was great and not physically challenging. On the river we saw many Iguanas in the trees, monkeys swinging in the trees, a few small alligators sunning and even dolphins, this river ride starts in the country and ends in the ocean back at tender area. The same excursion takes you up in the mountains to Mayan ruins for a short stop to explore the ruins and a little shopping.

Enjoyed our Dream cruise! Had a cove balcony quiet and private.

Enjoy! :D

We cruised on the DREAM last November and did a Wallace River cruise / Mayan Ruins, bus tour that was really nice in Belize through Carnival. We have a couple of physical issues but this excursion was great and not physically challenging. On the river we saw many Iguanas in the trees, monkeys swinging in the trees, a few small alligators sunning and even dolphins, this river ride starts in the country and ends in the ocean back at tender area. The same excursion takes you up in the mountains to Mayan ruins for a short stop to explore the ruins and a little shopping.

Enjoyed our Dream cruise! Had a cove balcony quiet and private.

Enjoy! :D

I am going with my Father on this same cruise in January. He is in a mobility chair but can walk a few steps and stand for a few minutes. I have been looking for an excursion in Belize that he could do.

What do you think about this one?

Though on the other hand, maybe just the tender might be too much....?

I am going with my Father on this same cruise in January. He is in a mobility chair but can walk a few steps and stand for a few minutes. I have been looking for an excursion in Belize that he could do.

What do you think about this one?

Though on the other hand, maybe just the tender might be too much....?

You have to walk a little to get to a big bus so climbing up bus steps, a good little walk to the ruins through a field and stepping on and off the boat which is a river boat that is long and narrow could be tricky. What we did like was there was no uphill walks, stairs to top of ruins were optional we stayed at the bottom, but check the excursion limits to see what limits are. The tour guides are very patient and help you on and off bus and boats if needed. The Belize Zoo and City tour would probably suit your needs better, we did not do this but any tour with the Ruins would not have good access for a mobility chair and you would probably have to stay around the bus until others returned. The Dream has the FTTF program which to us was well worth the 50 dollars to go to your cabin as soon as you arrive and disembark sooner then normal and other perks included. And getting on and off the boat at ports was a breeze. Costa Maya was a good port to stay and shop, they had a tram to transport you to the shops.

You have to walk a little to get to a big bus so climbing up bus steps, a good little walk to the ruins through a field and stepping on and off the boat which is a river boat that is long and narrow could be tricky. What we did like was there was no uphill walks, stairs to top of ruins were optional we stayed at the bottom, but check the excursion limits to see what limits are. The tour guides are very patient and help you on and off bus and boats if needed. The Belize Zoo and City tour would probably suit your needs better, we did not do this but any tour with the Ruins would not have good access for a mobility chair and you would probably have to stay around the bus until others returned. The Dream has the FTTF program which to us was well worth the 50 dollars to go to your cabin as soon as you arrive and disembark sooner then normal and other perks included. And getting on and off the boat at ports was a breeze. Costa Maya was a good port to stay and shop, they had a tram to transport you to the shops.

Thank you very much. :)

I think Jaime was the first CD that we've ever had that I actually remember! She was all over the place, very warm and interested in everyone have a fun time and dang..... that girl has more energy in her body than General Electric!

I never thought a CD made much difference until we took a Med cruise back in October on the Breeze. Jaime was getting started there and really got our attention with how much fun she is and what a pleasant person she is to everyone. I was so pleased when we cruised on the Dream in January and found she was now on that ship. We are planning another cruise at the end of the year or Jan. and hope she is still on board. She really brightens up the day. Carnival made a good choice when they hired Jaime.

Cheers!

Archived