Which Airport In Houston?

mdmc

We will be flying into Houston for a Princess cruise out of Houston in November. Can anyone tell me which airport is the best or closest? There is George Bush and Hobby. Any difference? George Bush seems to be cheaper.

We will be flying into Houston for a Princess cruise out of Houston in November...

... Hobby is the closest airport to Galveston.

Also the Port of Houston Bayport Cruise Terminal.

Kat 50.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I live in the area.

Hobby is closer to port of Houston, but not by much.

You can go to either airport, if you do go to iah (George bush) it may take you 20 min more of crappy traffic.

Just so you know I-45 south is going thru lots of construction. There is some traffic before you hit the beltway, but it's a short distance.

Very important here

Bring a roll of quarters.

Either airport you go you will pay tolls to get to the area in a timely manner.

FYI the area around the port of Houston severely sucks.

If you are doing port of Houston instead of Galveston I'd recommend staying Webster/NASA/Kemah area. From these areas you can take hwy 146 to the port.

These areas are safer, cleaner, and they go with any budget. I know many dives to save money, or I can help recommend fancier places locally.

You have stuff for elderly, family, or college kid party atmosphere here.

I have a wealth of shopping, eating, and driving info.

Ask as much as you want.

Thx teddy

I live in the area.

You can go to either airport, if you do go to iah (George bush) it may take you 20 min more of crappy traffic.

Just so you know I-45 south is going thru lots of construction. There is some traffic before you hit the beltway, but it's a short distance.

Very important here

If you are doing port of Houston instead of Galveston I'd recommend staying Webster/NASA/Kemah area. From these areas you can take hwy 146 to the port.

These areas are safer, cleaner, and they go with any budget. I know many dives to save money, or I can help recommend fancier places locally.

Ask as much as you want.

Thx teddy

Howdy Teddy and glad to see another local posting on this forum! 04.gif

However, please remember the following portion of the Sticky titled **DO NOT POST HERE** until you've read the Rules for Posting in this Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=637877:

Participation of Local Experts in Ports of Call

Locals living in ports of call are encouraged to contribute, as long as their recommendations are general in nature. Those living in ports of call who recommend individual businesses or tour operators/guides will find that their posts have been removed and their posting privileges may be suspended.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

Kat 50.gif

I live in the area.

Very important here

Ask as much as you want.

Thx teddy

What do you need the roll of quarters for??? There are no tolls from Hobby to the island or Bayport. Or from Bush to the island or Bayport. The beltway will from IAH will not save you anytime only add miles. (plus the part from 59 to i10 needs a eztag only...no cash). . If you want to skip downtown and the 45/59/288/10 mess downtown just jump on 610 and scoot around to either 225 or 45 depending on which port you are leaving from.

Please be clear, they are not sailing from the Port of Houston where the old terminals were, they are sailing from the new Bayport terminal which is just North of Seabrook and Kemah. Makes a pretty big difference as to the area and what is close.

Please be clear, they are not sailing from the Port of Houston where the old terminals were, they are sailing from the new Bayport terminal which is just North of Seabrook and Kemah. Makes a pretty big difference as to the area and what is close.

Tell that to the cruise lines. They are calling it the port of Houston.:p

SUMMARY OF THIS BOOKING

Destination: Western Caribbean

Ship: Caribbean Princess Departure: Houston, Texas

Voyage Number: B403 Departure Date: Jan 11, 2014

Number of Nights: 7 Arrival: Houston, Texas

Bayport terminal is not new, built in 2009 and has sat empty.

It is at the Port of Houston as the Bayport wesbite states; the terminal itself is named Bayport.

Tell that to the cruise lines. They are calling it the port of Houston.:p

SUMMARY OF THIS BOOKING

Destination: Western Caribbean

Ship: Caribbean Princess Departure: Houston, Texas

Voyage Number: B403 Departure Date: Jan 11, 2014

Number of Nights: 7 Arrival: Houston, Texas

Are you looking to come in late the night before?

Or are you coming in earlier with an agenda to explore?

If so where?

Tell that to the cruise lines. They are calling it the port of Houston

Technically they are correct. The Port covers a huge area. The Bayport terminal is farther south from where the old cruise terminal was and where the cargo ships dock.

Caribbean Princess is arriving in Houston on Nov 5. Anyone know cab fare to airport? Any car services recommendations? How long will it take from port to airport, want to figure out what time to book flight.

Thanks

Are you looking to come in late the night before?

Or are you coming in earlier with an agenda to explore?

If so where?

God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll already be there. It's only 40 miles from my driveway to the Bayport terminal.:p

Archived