lax car rental

antsp

i am wanting to rent a car at lax and the leave it when i board my ship at sen pedro what big rental companies have location near the port and if they do how far are they away. thanks

island princess oct 23

Look on the US boards for more details. My understanding from those boards is that the only major car rental firm that has an office in San Pedro is Enterprise, but I'd check with Hertz and Avis as well. I think Enterprise will pick up the car at the pier for you.

I think that is the case as well. We are big fans of Avis and are having a hard time figuring out the best way to handle things. We are coming in 2 days early and just need to figure out where to drop it off. DH thinks our best bet will be to drop it at the Long Beach airport and then take a taxi to San pedro, but I'm not sure if this is the most cost effective idea...anyone have any suggestions?

i am wanting to rent a car at lax and the leave it when i board my ship at sen pedro what big rental companies have location near the port and if they do how far are they away. thanks

island princess oct 23

We were on Island in Feb. and rented from Enterprise at Lax.We had the car for 3 days and returned it across the street from the cruise terminal in San Pedro.Leave your luggage in the car and they will drive you over to the ship.Be sure to Mapquest your way to the pier as it isn't the easiest thing to find.

The only rental car agency near San Pedro pier is Enterprise - they do charge extra for drop off if the car was not initially rented at that location (as all companies seem to these days). I was quoted $40 drop off fee by their 800 number and $25 by the local office. Taxi fare from LB airport is about $25-30 and from LAX $40-$50 depending on traffic.

Archived