Coral Princess

Cruiser_Guy

Hello everyone,

We are on a Northbound Alaskan Sailing on the Coral Princess. I just wanted to get your thoughts and opinions about the Coral princess, or even on this sailing. We are in an AB suite. And the kids are in an inside room.

Thanks very much!

We were on the Island Princess - which is the sister ship. I have to say that I "love" this size! It has lots of nice spaces to get away from it all. All of the bars and restaurnants are in convenient places. If you like shows, you've got 2 theatres. The library has these wonderful chairs that lounge and look out over the water. I never felt crowded - except sometimes at buffet. We had a balcony on the Caribe deck which has the expanded balcony - we really liked that! Can't tell you about Alaska yet (we're going in July), but have planned Juneau - Whalewatching with Capt Larry Ketchikan - Misty Fjords Sightseeing with Michelle of Island Wings & Skagway - White Pass Rail. Haven't decided on Victoria yet - vacillating between the Gardens and more whales!! Have a wonderful time.

The Coral is so far my favorite ship on Princess. It is the right size (1950 passengers, their balcony rooms are sufficient and I will be on a mini next May through the Panama Canal. There is plenty of room to roam around, you do not feel crowded and it is designed well. And in your case being in Alaska is a plus. I have been there three times and you are going to love that place. Beautiful. Don't forget to check out the Ports of Call board for Alaska. There is a wealth of info there.

Marilyn

I did the northbound Alaska sailing on the Coral last May. It was possibly my favorite cruise. The ship was wonderful and I totally fell in love with their maitre'd Generoso....he helped make a great cruise that much better.

Keep in mind we also received our only upgrade on this cruise...and it was to a suite but even without the upgrade, the cruise and ship were just incredible

In early May last year we had great weather......wore shorts onboard and I think only one port did we wind up wearing jackets and that was because we were going further north on the White Pass railway

We had no rain and sunny skies. They said it was rare that time of the year, so we considered ourselves very lucky :)

We sailed on the Coral 2 years ago. Our then 8 year old loved the kids' club. He tried eating with us the first two nights, but didn't want to miss anything in the kids' club, so we ended up feeding him at the buffet, taking him for the evening session, and eating dinner with his older brother. He loved it.

My husband and I had massages on the first night (special price). The massage was great! Be forewarned that they do the hard sell, but just be politely firm and they get the message. Spa was beautiful and peaceful.

You are in for a treat. By far, our best vacation yet. We are planning an extended family cruise next summer with grandparents, siblings and children. We can't wait. Alaska is awesome.

No, there were activities. He colored a Princess tee shirt, which he wore several days. The captain came and talked to them about the ship one day. While in Glacier Bay, they went out on deck as a group for a while and watched the glaciers calve. They played ping pong, had a "dance night", poker (roulette wheel) night were they played with tokens to trade for prizes. They played card games, playstation games, board games, arts and crafts, Lego contests. Later in the night they watched video movies and ate popcorn while reclining on beanbag chairs. In other words, they were busy! He was never bored.

I have to agree that the Coral is my favorite ship. We have been on her twice: the first was a southbound Alaska trip in 2003 and then a Panama Canal trip last Thanksgiving. I love the size of the ship, it's food, and the cleanlliness. Go on your trip and have fun.

Ray

I was just on the Coral to Costa Rica in April. It is also my favorite Princess ship to date (well, except for the old Star that is no longer in the fleet). It's not as big as the Grand class ships, but newer and has nicer cabins than the old Sun class. You will love the ship.

As far as Alaska, I really can't say enough. You have to experience it to really know how awesome it is. We are going again in August on the Island Princess, and I can't wait! If you go to my webshots link below you can view my Alaska pictures from 2002 on the Star. I also have my Costa Rica pictures up from the Coral in April, but I didn't really take many pictures of the ship itself.

I have cruised on RCCL twice, and I prefer Princess. I think the food on Princess is better. I like the cabins better, they may not be as large, but I think they have a nicer design. Also, I like the idea that Princess limits the number of kids on their cruises. Both tiimes I was on RCCL the kids were sort of unruly and running around unsupervised. However, these were shorter cruises which I think attracts more family groups. It appears to me that Princess does a great job with the kids and they always seem to be enjoying themselves.

Don't even give it a second thought - you are going to have a wonderful time in Alaska. I can't see how you couldn't!

Archived