Upgrade to Suite

jessie36

We had a call yesterday regarding our cruise around the med on 27th April. For £100 we were told we could upgrade from our deluxe balcony cabin on D deck mid to one of two suites on Lido deck at the front of the ship.

I declined the offer as we like being mid ship and we pre-booked our cabin as we had stayed in it before and it was fine for us.

I guess I am now curious about the suites on Lido deck. Has anyone stayed in them. I understand they have metal front balconys and no dressing area but did we really miss out !!

I'm assuming you are talking about either Ventura or Azura? We have had aft suites on Azura twice. As far as I know the suites right at the front have long but narrow balconies but the problem as I understand it is that when the ship is at sea the wind coming onto the balcony makes it unusable. I think that is why they still have the front suites unsold. We always say we do not want an upgrade when we book an aft suite as we wouldn't want to be moved to the front of the ship.

The only other thing to consider is the extras you get with the suite but you may still feel you are better off with your present cabin. One of the best extras you get on Azura is that you can have breakfast each morning in the select dining restaurant XVII which is lovely, especially sitting out on the restaurant balcony in the sun. You also, of course get the other extras, service from a butler plus being able to eat in your suite etc. Hope this helps.:)

I'm assuming you are talking about either Ventura or Azura? We have had aft suites on Azura twice. As far as I know the suites right at the front have long but narrow balconies but the problem as I understand it is that when the ship is at sea the wind coming onto the balcony makes it unusable. I think that is why they still have the front suites unsold. We always say we do not want an upgrade when we book an aft suite as we wouldn't want to be moved to the front of the ship.

The only other thing to consider is the extras you get with the suite but you may still feel you are better off with your present cabin. One of the best extras you get on Azura is that you can have breakfast each morning in the select dining restaurant XVII which is lovely, especially sitting out on the restaurant balcony in the sun. You also, of course get the other extras, service from a butler plus being able to eat in your suite etc. Hope this helps.:)

Breakfast in 17 is wonderful worth the extra on its own plus far more room in the cabin.

Gan canny

Dai

Archived