Eclipse cabin 6171

Blue Skies

I have an opportunity to book this cabin on the Eclipse, although I have looked on the CC cabin spread sheet that someone has kindly suppled this one is not listed for opinions. Could someone help me out? is this bed by bathroom which we prefer (I have forgotten how to work it out) and any other opinions would be helpful, we know it is 30% obstructed but possibly worth a price we have been offered for a cruise in Nov. also noise has been an issue in other previous cabins we have had.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was in 6171 on Eclipse during her February 9th cruise this year. It is a fine cabin; noise was never an issue. The bed is close to the closet; the bathroom is on the other side of the wall from the closet. There is a sofa next to the sliding door leading to the veranda. The obstruction is the top of a davit, but it really does not interfere with one's straight out view. Looking down from the veranda, one will see the top of a lifeboat, with the roof of the lifeboat almost even with the floor of the veranda.

My only concern, and I think it would be the same for any of the Solstice class regular veranda cabins from what I have learned, is storage space. The largest amount of storage is in overhead cabinets above the bed. For them to be fully used, however, one has to stand on the bed to reach all of the interior. (Or have very long arms.) There are a few drawers, but they vary in length from very short to about normal for a drawer. The bathroom's storage was quite adequate, I thought.

I would have no hesitation in booking a 2C again.

On the other hand, a 2D would be objectionable to me. Your veranda view would be the side of a tender.

Archived