Grand Med cruise in Sept 2013- dress up or not nights

joyfulone

Appologies in advance if this has previosly been covered, I haven't been able to find my answer yet....

We are going on the Grand Meditteranean Cruise in september on Norwegian Spirit (very excited). I have been diligently scouring all the threads on here and gained some very useful information about what to take or not take, so thanks to all contributors, your information is very useful to us relative newbies.

I am trying to find out from anyone who has previosly done this cruise:

• How many of the nights are 'dress up or not' nights, as we are a pretty large group (12) and intend to make the most of the 'more formal' nights.
  • Allso, are there any other 'dress up' nights we should know about - like the white hot party, and does that happen towards the latter part of the cruise.

I will be trying to take the minimum amount of clothing, don't want to take anything I will not be likely to wear - hence the planning ahead.

Thank you in advance for any replies I get - much appreciated :):):)

You'll probably have 3 dress up or not nights, BUT if your group is celebrating something special and it doesn't fall on the DUONN you are more than welcome to dress for that evening as well/instead of. :D

White Hot party, just a white shirt is fine.... (the sheets on board are white too; if you get my drift Toga! Toga! ;))

Other than that realize that Norwegian is really a relaxed line to cruise, and basically if gentlemen are wearing trousers or denim and a prep shirt they are welcome in ANY dining venue, ladies may wear capri pants, skirts, dresses and jeans are also acceptable. It is so easy to pack for an NCL cruise!

Also remember that it is a port intensive cruise with most of the stops being an hour or more from the sights with long stops. Many if not most come back to the ship exhausted. Unless the dress up days are during the sea days you may not even feel like getting dressed up.

I cannot remember when they were last year but then again we are in the not group so don't take any notice of such things.

We are sailing again in a few weeks time and I will try to pay more attention this time in order to answer your question. So if you can wait until June for a reply I can give you an answer then.

You'll probably have 3 dress up or not nights, BUT if your group is celebrating something special and it doesn't fall on the DUONN you are more than welcome to dress for that evening as well/instead of. :D

White Hot party, just a white shirt is fine.... (the sheets on board are white too; if you get my drift Toga! Toga! ;))

Other than that realize that Norwegian is really a relaxed line to cruise, and basically if gentlemen are wearing trousers or denim and a prep shirt they are welcome in ANY dining venue, ladies may wear capri pants, skirts, dresses and jeans are also acceptable. It is so easy to pack for an NCL cruise!

Thanks very much, your response is just what I wanted to now :)

I cannot remember when they were last year but then again we are in the not group so don't take any notice of such things.

We are sailing again in a few weeks time and I will try to pay more attention this time in order to answer your question. So if you can wait until June for a reply I can give you an answer then.

Most kind of you, will keep a look out for your news. Have a great time :)

Archived