Restaurant/Stuff to do near Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach

darkauburnnotred

I am going to be staying at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach for 1 night before my cruise next month. My flight gets in at 1:15 pm so we will have a good chunk of the afternoon/evening to spend time in the area. Are there any reasonably priced (under $15/entree) within walking distance? Any suggestions on things to do within walking distance of the hotel?

The hotel's restaurants are not horribly priced, but I have a feeling that we can do better.

Thanks!

Last year we stayed there, walked across the st to Bahia Mar and bought a few beers, they even provided ice and chilled on the beach for the afternoon. Later we went back there for dinner, can't remember the prices but food was fine, I regretted that we didn't walk the dock areas over there the ships were very impressive!

Be sure to check out the "MermaidShow" at the Sheraton,pretty cool...

Thanks! I'll check those out. I thought Beach Place was kind of far?

I think it's over a mile but it's a nice easy walk. Fort Lauderdale is flat, and you'll see things along the way. There's a sidewalk the whole way on either side of the street, and it's a low crime area, so it's ok at night. You could ride there, but you'd be missing the ambiance along the way of beach shops, restaurants, bars, coffee bars, gelato, dogs, marina, and people watching.

I think it's over a mile but it's a nice easy walk. Fort Lauderdale is flat, and you'll see things along the way. There's a sidewalk the whole way on either side of the street, and it's a low crime area, so it's ok at night. You could ride there, but you'd be missing the ambiance along the way of beach shops, restaurants, bars, coffee bars, gelato, dogs, marina, and people watching.

Sounds great! The beach ambiance sounds totally different than here in Chicago. Here, it's just like going to the park.

Sounds great! The beach ambiance sounds totally different than here in Chicago. Here, it's just like going to the park.

Well, then you are in for a treat!:) The beach side of the street just has the beach, so walk on the other side for the marina and the more commercial experience.

Coming from the midwest too, especially in the winter months, sitting here puts us in a pretty good mood. It's always a relaxing stop on the first day.

http://www.bahiacabanaresort.com/restaurant.htm

A major water taxi stop is a few steps from this restaurant. And a good starting point to see the area.

Awesome! I think I have our day planned. I just hate sitting around a hotel room with nothing to do especially on a Saturday. There will be absolutely nothing on tv.

When we had friends visit us from out of town they wanted to eat at a "fun" restaurant on the beach. We ended up at Lulu's Bait Shack. Being locals, we were afraid it would be a tourist trap - but it ended up being perfect. It's up on the 2nd floor - all open air and you look right at the beach. Great breeze, decent food and cold drinks.

It's not super close to your hotel - but you can walk on the beach to get there, so that's not all bad!

http://www.lulusbaitshack.com/menu/

If you decide to use the Water Taxi, purchase you tickets in advance, other wise you may not be allowed to board due to limited space.

Actually even if you have a prepaid ticket, you aren't guaranteed a seat on a particular boat. It's always first come first served.

watertaxi.com

We have never been turned away. The busier routes have larger boats and more frequent trips.

And if you want to preorder, you need to give the date needed. Which would work if you are "For sure" going to include the ride in your visit. IF staying in the area longer, might not want to prebook a certain day.

Archived