Zipline, eco walk and beach time tour private excursion?

saskaraoke

Me (43), my wife (36), mom (68), FIL (67) and MIL (64) will go on the May 6th Carnival cruise with ports Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. We are interested in a (regular) zipline + eco walk + beach time tour for me and my wife, and an eco walk + beach time tour for the rest seniors in Roatan. Any suggestion on a good deal for such a tour? Thanks in advance!

Me (43), my wife (36), mom (68), FIL (67) and MIL (64) will go on the May 6th Carnival cruise with ports Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. We are interested in a (regular) zipline + eco walk + beach time tour for me and my wife, and an eco walk + beach time tour for the rest seniors in Roatan. Any suggestion on a good deal for such a tour? Thanks in advance!

That's what we are doing, we booked through the excursion dept. of the travel agency we used to book our cruise with. I would love to get your feedback of the excursion when you get back! We are going the last week of June.

That's what we are doing, we booked through the excursion dept. of the travel agency we used to book our cruise with. I would love to get your feedback of the excursion when you get back! We are going the last week of June.

Will be happy to share our experiences after we are back.

I booked private driver to take DH and I around Roatan through Victor Bodden Tours. It was very cheap, I believe $100 US for both of us and that included the driver, monkey sanctuary, iguana farm and zip lining. The tour is customized and you choose what you want and pay a base price for the private driver (I think like $40 US for 2 people) then add on the excursions you want.

I booked private driver to take DH and I around Roatan through Victor Bodden Tours. It was very cheap, I believe $100 US for both of us and that included the driver, monkey sanctuary, iguana farm and zip lining. The tour is customized and you choose what you want and pay a base price for the private driver (I think like $40 US for 2 people) then add on the excursions you want.

Thank you very much! I will try to contact Victor Bodden for more information. I suppose his tour can accommodate a five-people group? Also, I have known about the following excursions from the agent with whom I booked my May 5th Carnival Magic cruise: http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/Roatan-Shore-Excursions-s/181.htm. These excursions do look more expensive than the Victor Bodden tours. Am I having the right impression?

I highly recommend ronystours.com. He is sooo friendly and very reliable. You can book a private driver for the day. We've used him several times - wonderful day each time. Last time he dropped several at the zipline and took the rest of our family to the beach. He came back for us and we all met at the beach after the zipline(so much fun). It worked out great. We loved having our own driver for the day - I love stopping for photos when I see something interesting. Rony will make sure you have a memorable day!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi LuvtheBeach10: I just wanted to let you know that after reading the information provided by other posters, we decided to book a private tour with Ronystours.com. Since we were a family of five, the total price turned out to be considerably cheaper than the combination I had intended to book through the excursion dept. of the travel agency from which we had booked our cruise. However, we didn't have the eco walk part in our tour. We did have a brief monkey/animal/bird portion. Our tour guide was Arnold. He was very friendly, helpful, and flexible (because ours was a private tour). We enjoyed our tour. Of course, since I didn't book the excursion I had talked about, sorry that I couldn't tell you how that would have been.

Thank you for the information about Ronystours. For those who may have taken an excursion that included beach time, do you remember how much it was to rent snorkel equipment or beach chairs/umbrellas?

Ziplining/beach time/ a scenic tour is just what I had in mind!

Thank you for the information about Ronystours. For those who may have taken an excursion that included beach time, do you remember how much it was to rent snorkel equipment or beach chairs/umbrellas?

Ziplining/beach time/ a scenic tour is just what I had in mind!

We didn't do snorkeling. In fact, we didn't go to the beach. However, the restaurant Arnold suggested to us for lunch was by a snorkeling place where I saw people snorkeled there. I don't know whether they rented their equipment or not (or if renting is available there). There were free beach chairs and free fresh water shower and restroom. Accroding to Arnold, the free-access beach we had planned to visit did not have shade, free beach chairs, shower, or restroom. I swam at the place we went, and loved the clear and beautiful water (but it's supposed to be a snorkeling instead of swimming place).

Archived