Question about celebrating a birthday on board

cruisemama5

My daughter is sailing with us and we are celebrating her birthday on the cruise. We mentioned this when we booked and is noted on our documents or somewhere I saw it. Anyway, what I am wondering is if they will do anything for her while on the ship. Another time on the trip when celebrating a birthday, nothing was said when booking and I bought a cake and they brought it out and sang to the person at dinner. I am more than willing to buy a cake for her, but thought I had read that if it is mentioned when booking that Carnival would do this and I didn't have to do anything.

Our family has celebrated actual birth dates on Carnival 3 times now... and each time we bought our own cake... I don't think it's ever been complimentary, but I may be wrong...

(We always buy the cabin decorations too. Cheesy, but family has always liked it...))

If somehow the waiter hears about it (doubtfull), they will stick a candle in a regular dessert and get together and sing to her. Good enough to me, as there are so many desserts, I dont want another cake.. the other desserts are better to me.

I would ask the waiter, remind him at the very least. make sure he knows.

Archived