When docked at port how long before you are off the ship?

mailgirl1978

I know this varies for different reasons but I'm just wondering if your port times are 11-5, are people leaving the ship right at 11?

We have an excursion at 1130 and im wondering how likely it will be that I'm late? (not a huge deal if we are but just curious)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I know this varies for different reasons but I'm just wondering if your port times are 11-5, are people leaving the ship right at 11?

We have an excursion at 1130 and im wondering how likely it will be that I'm late? (not a huge deal if we are but just curious)

If you have a excursion at 1130 you will be given priority to get off the ship, if you book though CCL.

It really Varies on the when the ship gets cleared to depart the passengers from the port..

We were in St. Martin ,on the Glory, had a private Beach day got a cab and went to beach,

We were waiting downstairs at the checkoff station, about 6:50 am no one else but us, we were supposed to be there at 7 am and I just asked if we could disembark, the gangway was out, and security dinged us off , and we walked off was in a cab and headed to beach by 7 am....have seen half hour after arrival time to get let anyone off too....

It depends on a few factors...Is it a CCL excursion? Then you are ok, if not is the port a dock or tender? Tendering takes more time. If you are not using CCL for the excursion, make sure you have a phone contact of the tour operator so you can call them if you are delayed getting off the ship. Most operators provide a local # for that reason.

It's not a CCL excursion and it is not a tender. The company has a note that we could be late and he said it would not be a problem. I'm just trying to plan the rest of my day and if I'm late for this excursion it cuts into the latter part of my island time :)

Which port? :confused:

Any port :)

Just trying to get a general idea of when u have a posted time at ports when your feet actually hit land lol

Is it right on the hour? Is it 30 min after?

I have found that on independent excursions they will wait for you. Chances are you are not the only person going on the excursion and many of your fellow passengers are also booked on the excursion so the tour operator would wait for his group from your ship. In 23 cruises I have found that most of the ships arrive on time and alot even earlier. Plus many independent tour operators ask for the money at the beginning or end of the tour, not in advance.

When I was on the Victory in December, we arrived at each port early enough that we could actually walk off the ship at 8am on the dot (8am was the time we were scheduled to arrive). The one exception to that was in St. Kitts where there had been some kind of medical emergency at about 6:45am, so they held us onboard until about 8:15- we never knew for sure, but we assumed that they were getting the medical emergency patient off the ship and letting their ambulance get off the pier before they let all the other passengers off the ship. Even with that delay, we were still about 5 minutes early to meet our private excursion operator for the scheduled 8:30am tour :)

Archived