Did I screw up?

hughdm

I posted earlier about my up-sell experience where I went from an S2 Sky Suite to a Royal Suite for $1200 for our upcoming Summit to Bermuda. I got about 250 views already and one comment. So now I have a question. Should I have tried to talk him down? This was my first experience with an upsell call and it seemed to me that I was getting a great suite at a reasonable upgrade price.

When you get an up-sell call is there wiggle room? Next time, I can be better prepared.

Thanks all.

I don't think you 'scewed up'. There may be some posters who say they were able to talk one of the Agents into some discount, but as far as SR costs, I don't think that occurs much at all, and certainly not during an upsale, but I'm not an expert.

What I've seen some talk on is getting some bit of an extra, such as a free specialty dinner or something such as that, or if some deal is being offered such as free gratutity or the 1-2-3 program and they may have missed it by a day or so, they may be able to talk their way into it, but usually not a SR drop in price.

It sounds as if you did just fine. Sit back, and enjoy!

Den

I posted earlier about my up-sell experience where I went from an S2 Sky Suite to a Royal Suite for $1200 for our upcoming Summit to Bermuda. I got about 250 views already and one comment. So now I have a question. Should I have tried to talk him down? This was my first experience with an upsell call and it seemed to me that I was getting a great suite at a reasonable upgrade price.

When you get an up-sell call is there wiggle room? Next time, I can be better prepared.

Thanks all.

Are you kidding?? :confused:You are in a HUGE Royal Suite! :D You will NOT regret it and the upgrade price was a steal relative to the Sky Suite which is actually more of a JR suite. I guarantee you when you return you will say it was the best move you could have made. Enjoy your Suite!

Secret.. you will get better perks from that suite as well. sshhhhhh ;)

Yes you did. :rolleyes:

Call Celebrity and tell them to call me about my Equinox May 29th cruise and let me take your offer off your hands. That'll spare you the embaressment! :p:p:p

Sixth, You always crack me up :D

Thanks all.

If you screwed up then so did I. We are leaving May 12th on the Summit for Bermuda. Our TA called last Thursday offering a Royal Suite for our AQ at $800.00 per, I checked the Celebrity website and saw the almost 550sq.ft. cabin and the whirlpool on the deck. Once I stopped drooling we made the change. Now we just have to figure out things for our butler to do.:D

How's it going eh?

My family comes from T-Bay, north of you...

Frozen brain cells seem to help stimulate he tickle gene.

gwn_set_2.jpg

:eek:So that's why you are so twisted! ;) LOL! One of my best friends ever (Joined the Marines with him) was from Thunder Bay. He was funny too eh? Cold? you got that right! Wear your Tuke and thank you for injecting a little humor on CC :D

Sorry OP. To stay in subject. You done good' ;)

Archived