API information

Can someone please tell me what number I put in, so that I can fill in my API information :confused:

I booked through cruise deals, they have one booking number at the top of the page and the e-tickets have another number, neither of which will it accept :rolleyes: I tried to get them to email my number, but it says they don't recognise my email address, which is odd because they sent me the e-tickets on that email address - confused.com :confused::confused::eek:

Can someone please tell me what number I put in, so that I can fill in my API information :confused:

It's the 7 digit booking reference number. On your e-ticket where it asks you to complete the API, it also tells you the refernce number to use next to the web address.

This explains it.

https://eapi.thomson.co.uk/eborders/login.jsp

Edited by jem16

It's the 7 digit booking reference number. On your e-ticket where it asks you to complete the API, it also tells you the refernce number to use next to the web address.

This explains it.

https://eapi.thomson.co.uk/eborders/login.jsp

Ah thanks jem. I thought that was what I had done, but I was trying to put in the number for my last holiday :rolleyes: I had printed off the wrong e-tickets :eek:

Actually it is a 6 figure number. Cruise Deals use different ref. numbers :)

Dim or what - I need a holiday :D:D

Ah thanks jem. I thought that was what I had done, but I was trying to put in the number for my last holiday :rolleyes: I had printed off the wrong e-tickets :eek:

Actually it is a 6 figure number. Cruise Deals use different ref. numbers :)

Dim or what - I need a holiday :D:D

Lol Linda DOH!! :D That's the beauty of using a T.A. She said "When you come in for your Euros bring your passports and I'll do it for you"

Exciting now, only 11 days to go for you.

Delyth's already had her cruise clothes out and checked and is now upstairs going through all her jewellery.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn,

I would have booked with the TA, but when I phoned she said she was busy with a client and she would phone me back. Did she? What do you think? When I phoned the shop they said she had gone home :rolleyes: I had already phoned CD, so went ahead and booked with them.

I shall have to get cracking sorting out my clothes. I have a new long dress from M&S, so expect everyone else will be wearing them (well not the men obviously ;))

Do I use the same number then for "my thomson" (I want to look up trips) or will it not work if I have booked with CD?

Hi Berwyn,

I would have booked with the TA, but when I phoned she said she was busy with a client and she would phone me back. Did she? What do you think? When I phoned the shop they said she had gone home :rolleyes: I had already phoned CD, so went ahead and booked with them.

I shall have to get cracking sorting out my clothes. I have a new long dress from M&S, so expect everyone else will be wearing them (well not the men obviously ;))

Do I use the same number then for "my thomson" (I want to look up trips) or will it not work if I have booked with CD?

Your Thomson reference number should work fine. We booked with the T.A. and we had their ref no. and also the Thomson one on their paperwork that we used to book excursions online.

This is what excursion booking part of website says

Where can I find my cruise booking reference?

This is the 3-8 digit number known as your 'Accommodation or Cruise Booking reference' on your holiday booking confirmation invoice or e-mail.

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn, it has worked. Now to have a look at the excursions and see if any are worth doing. Not sure about wandering about in Casablanca :eek: Might need Kruzseeka's advice on that :)

We wouldn't fancy going ashore there either. Not after Agadir :eek::eek:. You know how I loved that place NOT.Lol. We're looking at fitting a 2nd cruise in in October 1of the choices is on P&O's Oceana that calls there too

Berwyn

We are going to Agadir next year on the Braemar. Hopefully Fred will do a hotel transfer, otherwise we may have to brave a taxi :eek::eek: to the town. It is really nice there, BUT you have to get there from the ship!

Will let you know about Casablanca when we get back :)

Thanks Berwyn, it has worked. Now to have a look at the excursions and see if any are worth doing. Not sure about wandering about in Casablanca :eek: Might need Kruzseeka's advice on that :)

Not sure I'm much help Linda. I had expected Casablanca to be quite romantic and exotic (not really sure why) but it was a bit of an eye-opener as others have described. We didn't adopt a DiY here which we were pleased about. We did the Thomson half day tour to the Mosque which we found very interesting not least of all because our guide was fantastic - such an amazing grasp of English (one of four languages she spoke!) and a great sense of humour too.

After the Mosque visit we were taken to a cafe with a nice terrace along the waterfront where we had a coffee (not sure whether that was included or payable) and then had a little tour around the expensive quarter where the houses looked very grand - athough many were behind high walls and then taken around an area to see how the other half lived!

You get very good view of the Mosque as you sail in and I believe it would be walkable from the port should you wish to go - but although the building is very beautiful and spectacular I did feel we got a lot more out of the visit by having a guide.

As we didn't wander around on our own I can't tell you whether you would be likely to have any hassle but I'm sure someone will be able to advise on that. We really enjoyed our excursion but I must say I'm not sure what we would have done DiY - there didn't seem to be a 'centre' - but of course there could be and we missed that on the trip we did.

Hope you get some more input as I don't think my experience of Casablanca is really enough to give you a proper lead on the best things to do - but it is an experience. Hope you have a great trip - I'm sure you will. :)

Edited by kruzseeka

Thanks Kruzseeka. I have copied and pasted all the info I was given on here when we first booked. I remember you said you had done the Mosque excursion, but it seems a bit steep at £36 each :eek: Someone else said the trip to Rabat was good and strangely enough that is £4 cheaper and is one and a half hours longer :rolleyes: also the mosque trip includes a trip to the "Olive Market and Habous Quarter" whatever that is! A marketing opportunity I expect :D

I shan't book until we are on the ship (for reasons we have discussed before :D :D) so any advice would be welcome. If both trips are full, we shall have to look at a DIY trip to the mosque.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

I have to say, we thought Casablanca was a bit of a dump to be honest. :(

Destination Services team advised that out of all of our ports, this was the one probably not to do yourself, and I'd probably agree. The port area itself is large, dirty and busy - not the most attractive places you dock in anyway. We docked next to some sort of rubbish heap!

We decided to take the Rabat trip which I'd highly recommend! Fantastic excursion, wasn't a bad price either. Rabat itself is a really lovely city (clearly this is where the money had been spent). Fantastic guide, interesting places and completely changed our opinion of Morocco. One of the best trips I think we've ever done! :D

Edited by Sailaway487

We have just done ours today, news for you lindae stephen jon guy is flying out to the dream today ust seen on fbook
Oh good, thanks for that info Michelle. He has been on 3 of the 5 Thomson cruises we have been on so far. He must want to see me, lol :D:D:D

Destination Services team advised that out of all of our ports, this was the one probably not to do yourself, and I'd probably agree. The port area itself is large, dirty and busy - not the most attractive places you dock in anyway. We docked next to some sort of rubbish heap!

We decided to take the Rabat trip which I'd highly recommend! Fantastic excursion, wasn't a bad price either. Rabat itself is a really lovely city (clearly this is where the money had been spent). Fantastic guide, interesting places and completely changed our opinion of Morocco. One of the best trips I think we've ever done! :D

I think it must have been you who recommended it then:) I really quite fancy that trip and no Olive Market on the way back :D

BTW Sailaway did you see the post about the windows being replaced on the Majesty, which included the one we had - 426. So my misty window complaint can be removed :)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Thanks Kruzseeka. I have copied and pasted all the info I was given on here when we first booked. I remember you said you had done the Mosque excursion, but it seems a bit steep at £36 each :eek: Someone else said the trip to Rabat was good and strangely enough that is £4 cheaper and is one and a half hours longer :rolleyes: also the mosque trip includes a trip to the "Olive Market and Habous Quarter" whatever that is! A marketing opportunity I expect :D

We didn't have the Olive Market or Habous Quarter bit so sounds as though it's a bit different. Apart from the Mosque itself Linda I can't say I was very impressed with Casablanca so............................

...........having read Sailaway's comments I reckon the Rabat trip sounds a much better bet - more cost effective and with a good recommendation! ;)

I think it must have been you who recommended it then:) I really quite fancy that trip and no Olive Market on the way back :D

That's one thing we were waiting for, the hard sell of some sort of local product or carpet, but none came. :D

I was surprised really how cheap it was as it was about 1 hour away by coach, and was quite a long trip, so we thought it was really good value.

• 9 months later...

Just bouncing this up the board for new cruisers, and old cruisers who may have forgotten!

Just done mine for the May 2014 cruise.

You must do it before you go to the airport according to my booking email.

Flopsy

Just bouncing this up the board for new cruisers, and old cruisers who may have forgotten!

Just done mine for the May 2014 cruise.

You must do it before you go to the airport according to my booking email.

Flopsy

Category=Old cruisers that may have forgotten ;)

Thanks for heads up Flopsy.Not sure if we`ve done ours and were away in May also.