Help with this pleaseeee

keeser

We have only ever been on one cruise - rc liberty of the seas. We want to book another cruise 2 adults and 1 teenager and 1 almost teenager. Here is the dilema - the more I research the more confused i am.

Who should we go with. It would be out of Europe and staying in Europe.

Was thinking NCL Epic then thought Carnival Sunshine then thought RC again

Its for a special event and want to have the best I can but also the budget is important.

So how would you recommend.

Thanks so much and I am brain dead at this stage

x

Thanks Michele, will listen to that advice.

Am now thinking Norweigan Breakaway the new ship but dont know if it will be coming to Europe in 2014.

So am I to take it that Carnival would not compare to RC or Ncl

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Norwegian Breakaway will not be coming to Europe. She's staying homeported in New York year round.

I'm a big fan of Epic - I did the Caribbean itinerary so I'm assuming you want the European itinerary since you mentioned Breakaway coming to Europe. So I can't help with ports, but we really loved Epic. I like NCL with kids just because you're not held to a time with dinner and you don't have to dress up. Epic has so much to do for kids, great entertainment for kids and adults and great restaurants (both included and for a fee).

I've sailed twice on RC and we liked them both a lot, but didn't have kids on them. I don't think you could go wrong with RC or NCL.

Youngestof9 i thought i saw on line that breakaway was coming to europe in 2014. Is this not the case or are you speaking of 2013

Could you be thinking of RCI Oasis? Everyone was going crazy to jump on that for the few sailings that Oasis heads to Europe in 2014.

Youngest is right - Breakaway is staying in NYC.

I would do Epic. Great ship and something for everyone! We are sailing her again this fall. We used to sail Carnival a lot, even my kids are platinum but their quality has gone way downhill over the past few years. We are much happier with NCL.

A European cruise is different beast from other cruises -- they tend to be very port intesive and we find we are really less concerned about the ship (because we spend so little time on it) and more concerned about the itinerary.

We've done a variety of European cruises with our DD (now 17YO). two western Med, two eastern Med, two Baltic, one Black. Most on RCCI or X (one NCL). There always are a good number of teens on board, with a large number of them European. But we really do try to be one of the first bunch off the ship and spend the entire day sightseeing before dragging ourselves back on board (eat and then collapse! :D)

Archived