Kids On Explorer in June???

We are considering the 9-day Bermuda/Caribbean out of Port Liberty for one of 2 dates in 2014--either June 5, 2014 or June 19, 2014. Prices are higher on the 6-19 sailing, so I presume that is the beginning of the summer cruising timeframe. Also, I presume many families on these cruises live on the East Coast. When are schools out for the summer? Will there be a reasonable number of kids on the 6-5 cruise? Our daughters will be 16 and 14, and do love meeting lots of other kids. I honestly do not worry about having too MANY other kids onboard; instead I worry that the early June cruise might not have very many kids their ages at all! Originally, I had picked the 6-19-14 date, but one daughter is upset that she would miss her teen leader Girl Scout camping week!! :mad:

Thoughts, please! Thanks!

We are considering the 9-day Bermuda/Caribbean out of Port Liberty for one of 2 dates in 2014--either June 5, 2014 or June 19, 2014. Prices are higher on the 6-19 sailing, so I presume that is the beginning of the summer cruising timeframe. Also, I presume many families on these cruises live on the East Coast. When are schools out for the summer? Will there be a reasonable number of kids on the 6-5 cruise? Our daughters will be 16 and 14, and do love meeting lots of other kids. I honestly do not worry about having too MANY other kids onboard; instead I worry that the early June cruise might not have very many kids their ages at all! Originally, I had picked the 6-19-14 date, but one daughter is upset that she would miss her teen leader Girl Scout camping week!! :mad:

Thoughts, please! Thanks!

Schools in the south start the summer vacations earlier so you will have some kids onboard bit there will certainly be a lot more 6/19. If I were you. I would select the earlier sailing so your daughter can enjoy camp. Good luck with your decision.

School is not out in NY until June 22nd. There are state Regent tests that week so the schools are in session until June 20-21. That weekend is Graduation weekend in NY so you won't have many families from NY State on that sailing.

Guest maddycat
School is not out in NY until June 22nd. There are state Regent tests that week so the schools are in session until June 20-21. That weekend is Graduation weekend in NY so you won't have many families from NY State on that sailing.

The OP was asking about June 2014.

Here in South Central PA, my sons' school district finishes on 6/7, with graduation the week before. Some other districts around here go until the following week. I know the schools here are also starting earlier in August, so they will all probably be out that week next year.

We did this same cruise last year, leaving on 6/7, which was the day after school let out. There were a decent number of kids of all ages around. My boys were 13, 11, and 7 at the time.

Enjoy your time. We certainly did.

Archived