Ways to maximize perks

I always hear about people getting 'perks' aboard ships, but not sure how they get them. Does anyone have some tricks of the trade to maximize the incentives?

I've already booked through RCCL but could potentially release my room and hope to get same one through an agent who has perks but when I booked RCCL had the better price.

Not sure what you're asking. Most "perks" go either to frequent cruisers or those booking suites.

Also, TA give perks to those thst book with them.

For example a TA may give you OBC or a free specialty restuarant or a free bottle of wine, etc. But, then you need to go through them if you change your room and to make payments. It is a tradeoff.

I believe for a TA to give you perks, they normally have some type of relationship with you, (i.e. you have booked with them before, etc). Unless its a major TA and you will see the perks on their website.

keep in mind there are definetly cons to booking with a TA. You lose control of your booking. If price drops and you can't reach them, thats the way the cookie crumbles. Royal will not help you, they cannot.

Guest maddycat

You have to find a TA who is offering perks (OBC, prepaid gratuities, specialty dining, spa treatments). If you booked with RCI, you have 60 days from when you booked the cruise to transfer your booking to a TA. The transfer form is on RCI's website.

Make sure that the TA is available 7 days a week and does not charge any fees: booking fee, cabin change fee, price drop fee, cancellation fee, etc.

Once your booking is with a TA you have to deal with them and can no longer work directly with RCI.

I always hear about people getting 'perks' aboard ships, but not sure how they get them. Does anyone have some tricks of the trade to maximize the incentives?

I've already booked through RCCL but could potentially release my room and hope to get same one through an agent who has perks but when I booked RCCL had the better price.

TA should have had the exact same price as RCL

TA should have had the exact same price as RCL

I think the OP is trying to say that the price of the cruise has gone up since the original booking.

To the OP, you don't have to cancel your booking that you made with Royal Caribbean. Simply call your desired travel agent and tell them you want to transfer the booking to them. You will keep the same price that you had when you made the original reservation. Plus hopefully you'll get some onboard credit.

I think the OP is trying to say that the price of the cruise has gone up since the original booking.

To the OP, you don't have to cancel your booking that you made with Royal Caribbean. Simply call your desired travel agent and tell them you want to transfer the booking to them. You will keep the same price that you had when you made the original reservation. Plus hopefully you'll get some onboard credit.

Thanks LA beachcomber.

You can only do this within 60 days of the original booking.

Archived