Parking at Black Falcon, Boston

Real_Raven

In the past, the good old days of the Majesty, we left Boston on Sunday’s. There was never a problem parking at Black Falcon Terminal. We now leave on Friday, a work day. Will there be plenty of parking, or should I be concerned?

In the past, the good old days of the Majesty, we left Boston on Sunday’s. There was never a problem parking at Black Falcon Terminal. We now leave on Friday, a work day. Will there be plenty of parking, or should I be concerned?

I haven't had a problem on two cruises out of Boston on a Friday. Plenty of parking. Having said that..........I hope I am not jinxing myself for my upcoming one in 6 weeks.

There shouldnt be any problem with parking availability. In the good old Majesty days, you could park right by the entrance because it was Sunday. Now on Fridays, you might have to go up a level or two.

I've used EDIC parking garage when there have been events along the water front and have never had a problem finding a space. Lower level parking is mainly reserved for those who work near at the port. Remember, pax will also be leaving, so there will be empty spaces - and it's so much more rea$onable than parking in NY.

Darcy

We will be parking there for out 9/27 cruise. But I will park up a floor or two because after what happen to the cars in Brooklyn (at the pier parking lot with Sandy). I guess I worry too much, what are the chances of that happening again? We parked at Black Falcon once before and I forget how close it was to the water.

Like others have said, no issue on a Friday. The only 'issue' we encountered was the longer than normal lines trying to use the elevator in the garage after you disembark as you will more than likely be on a higher floor in the garage.

We haven't had any problem and I think as long as you don't have your heart set on parking on the first level all should be well. As others have indicated, passengers will be leaving while we're arriving so the biggest problem we've had is waiting for the elevators. Well, that and getting the wheeled suitcases across the cobblestone sidewalk area to the terminal building....:eek: margretha

Easy solution to hauling luggage - drive beyond the garge and home center building, turn right to Black Falcon, try to avoid the state police, drop off the luggage first, then swing back into the garage. Some times the elevator isn't working, but with carry-on pieces on wheels, walking down the ramps is easy.

Darcy

Archived