Carnival Paradise April 1 -6 with pictures and funtimes

JaniceB

GREAT review. Thanks for posting.

I too, just returned from a B-2-B aboard the beautiful "Paradise", and had a truly wonderful time aboard. I personally, LOVE the big shows aboard "Paradise", because they haven't gone to the 2.0 shows yet, and I find the older shows, with 9 female dancers, 6 male dancers, and two GREAT production singers far superior to the 2.0 shows, with 4 male singer/dancers, and 4 female singer/dancers. No comparison, IMO. :cool: 8 More Seconds, and SHOUT, are truly great shows. Don't miss 'em!

I plan on cruising "Paradise" a time or two more, before they do away with these fantastic shows.

"SKY"

Thank you. Glad you had a great time on the Paradise. I agree that the shows are so much better than the 2.0 shows. I thought the singers were excellent, much better than on some ships I have been on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I so apprecite this review and the Funtimes! We just booked our wedding for April 5, 2014 on the Paradise and this is extremely helpful for planning. Thanks!! :)

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful life together. Thanks for reading my review.

Nice review, thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
GREAT review. Thanks for posting.

I too, just returned from a B-2-B aboard the beautiful "Paradise", and had a truly wonderful time aboard. I personally, LOVE the big shows aboard "Paradise", because they haven't gone to the 2.0 shows yet, and I find the older shows, with 9 female dancers, 6 male dancers, and two GREAT production singers far superior to the 2.0 shows, with 4 male singer/dancers, and 4 female singer/dancers. No comparison, IMO. :cool: 8 More Seconds, and SHOUT, are truly great shows. Don't miss 'em!

I plan on cruising "Paradise" a time or two more, before they do away with these fantastic shows.

"SKY"

I too love the old style shows...I would love a list of old style show ships and the real orchestras are so nice.

Thanks soo much Janice for this terrific review.

I so loved my first Carnival Cruise on the Paradise. Thank you so much for reports in her new to me home port. all the places would be new and fun for me on this cruise...I am very tempted to find a good deal after reading your review on service and good dining room food that is hot and drinks on time.

I really love this ship..and the fun way of the Carnival decour then,,,and those old medicine cabinets for storage LOL and the tile..a budget cruise can not be better than the one I was on in 2009 and while I want to got to try other line I am going to keep my eyes and ears open now..because the service was great on my cruise too..in 2009..not so great on the Spirit in 2012...I too went on bot cruises on high vacation with kids times an all was still great on the Paradise...suggestion for solos at that time....the quiet 1As. 10 times quieter than my guarantee inside on deck 7 on Spirit with vaulting the bunks kids on each side of me...LOL...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this review when googling for the funtimes.

I cannot say enough HOW GREAT THIS REVIEW IS!!!! I'm going on the Paradise on 9/2/2013 with my parents, my husband and my daughter, and you covered everything I'd need to know!!!!

Of course, now I'll anxious because I'm already trying to figure out how to do everything I want to do!!! LOL!!!

Thank you for taking the time to do this!

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for this review, and especially the Fun Times!

Great Review! Awesome electronic files! Good information. We are sailing in January, same cruise. many previous cruises. First time Carnival :)

~Bob~

Thank you! I wish someone would post the fun times for my Dream cruise.

Great review! Thank you for posting pictures. I have already been on this ship, but my DD has not so she enjoyed the pictures. We sail in less than two weeks so we are so excited!!!

Hope you had a great cruise!

I too love the old style shows...I would love a list of old style show ships and the real orchestras are so nice.

Thanks soo much Janice for this terrific review.

I so loved my first Carnival Cruise on the Paradise. Thank you so much for reports in her new to me home port. all the places would be new and fun for me on this cruise...I am very tempted to find a good deal after reading your review on service and good dining room food that is hot and drinks on time.

I really love this ship..and the fun way of the Carnival decour then,,,and those old medicine cabinets for storage LOL and the tile..a budget cruise can not be better than the one I was on in 2009 and while I want to got to try other line I am going to keep my eyes and ears open now..because the service was great on my cruise too..in 2009..not so great on the Spirit in 2012...I too went on bot cruises on high vacation with kids times an all was still great on the Paradise...suggestion for solos at that time....the quiet 1As. 10 times quieter than my guarantee inside on deck 7 on Spirit with vaulting the bunks kids on each side of me...LOL...Sarah

Hope you were able to find a good deal on the Paradise, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Edited by JaniceB

I just found this review when googling for the funtimes.

I cannot say enough HOW GREAT THIS REVIEW IS!!!! I'm going on the Paradise on 9/2/2013 with my parents, my husband and my daughter, and you covered everything I'd need to know!!!!

Of course, now I'll anxious because I'm already trying to figure out how to do everything I want to do!!! LOL!!!

Thank you for taking the time to do this!

I know you must be very excited, your cruise is single digits away. Glad I was able to help you plan your cruise.

When I saw this I couldn't help laughing...because we can get them ALL for free! :D

Very true!

Nice review, thanks for sharing. will be sailing on the Paradise on oct.28, 2013 will be first time on her.

__________________ What night was dress up night ????

Edited by gene g

I know you must be very excited, your cruise is single digits away. Glad I was able to help you plan your cruise.

You are helping me more than you know!!! I just went through your whole review again :)

One Grand Cayman question: i saw that you got off the ship at 8:30 ship time. Were the stores open? We have a 9:45 excursion through Carnival (so at this point I assume that's 9:45 ship time), so I'm hoping to be first tender (I'll be platinum) and have a little time in shops before our excursion.

Any info you can give me would be appreciated!!! all of a sudden I'm in a panic that we will get back just in time for last tender and not be able to get our obligatory souvenirs!!!

You are helping me more than you know!!! I just went through your whole review again :)

One Grand Cayman question: i saw that you got off the ship at 8:30 ship time. Were the stores open? We have a 9:45 excursion through Carnival (so at this point I assume that's 9:45 ship time), so I'm hoping to be first tender (I'll be platinum) and have a little time in shops before our excursion.

Any info you can give me would be appreciated!!! all of a sudden I'm in a panic that we will get back just in time for last tender and not be able to get our obligatory souvenirs!!!

The vendors were open when we arrived at the port. We were so busy finding our tour guide that I really didn't notice what they were selling. I will say getting on the ship was not as easy as getting off. The line was very long and the sun very hot. A hat is a good thing to have when standing in line.

The VIFP party is in Cayman? I thought it was the last nght at sea. We have late seating, what time is the party? Great review!!

I think the party was from 4-5. We had early seating and we went before dinner. It was a very nice party with full size drinks.

• 8 months later...
Really, did not care for it at dinner, maybe we didn't find the right location for the dinner food, not really sure. There were not many choices. I enjoy lunch on the Lido but as I said this was my first time at dinner.

I believe, or sincerely hope, the poster you responded to was being sarcastic. You were spot on regarding the buffet....limited choices, cold, long lines, tasteless, etc. I have been on many ships, and lido dinner buffet is leftovers and lackluster.