Taxi Questions, Magens Bay Questions and Paradise Point Questions

jvitatoe26

Hello! First time cruiser, heading to St. Thomas on May 27th on the Carnival Valor. Only cruise ship in port. We are there from 7:00am - 5:00pm, and from what I understand this means we have to be back on ship by 4:30pm. I am not exactly sure when we can get off the ship, but I am assuming around 9 would be fine.

We have decided to try the following on our own:

Leave the ship around 9:00 am and go outside the gate to get a taxi to take us to Magen's Bay. I would like to have a stop at Drake's Seat for photos. Will this cost extra, and will most taxi's be willing to do this?? Will we be the only people in the taxi, or will there be several passengers??

From what I have read, there is a small fee $8 for two of us to get in Magen's and its roughly $20 for chairs/umbrella.

We would like to head back no later than 1pm and get dropped off by the tram to Paradise Point. We understand that it should cost about $30 roundtrip for the two of us to taxi to Magen's and get dropped at Paradise Point. Is the price accurate, and also, do I need to pre-arrange for the taxi to come back at that time?

Also, I plan to pre-purchase Paradise Point from Carnival. That being said, I have read that there are very long lines in the afternoon, but that its walking distance back to the pier. We should have plenty of time to Paradise Point, correct? I just want to be sure before I spent the $40 on the excursion.

THANKS!!!! :)

Hello! First time cruiser, heading to St. Thomas on May 27th on the Carnival Valor. Only cruise ship in port. We are there from 7:00am - 5:00pm, and from what I understand this means we have to be back on ship by 4:30pm. I am not exactly sure when we can get off the ship, but I am assuming around 9 would be fine.

Leave the ship around 9:00 am and go outside the gate to get a taxi to take us to Magen's Bay. I would like to have a stop at Drake's Seat for photos. Will this cost extra, and will most taxi's be willing to do this?? Will we be the only people in the taxi, or will there be several passengers??

From what I have read, there is a small fee $8 for two of us to get in Magen's and its roughly $20 for chairs/umbrella.

We would like to head back no later than 1pm and get dropped off by the tram to Paradise Point. We understand that it should cost about $30 roundtrip for the two of us to taxi to Magen's and get dropped at Paradise Point. Is the price accurate, and also, do I need to pre-arrange for the taxi to come back at that time?

Also, I plan to pre-purchase Paradise Point from Carnival. That being said, I have read that there are very long lines in the afternoon, but that its walking distance back to the pier. We should have plenty of time to Paradise Point, correct? I just want to be sure before I spent the $40 on the excursion.

You should be able to get off the ship by 730-745.

Taxis line up within the gates. Most are large shared taxis holding several dozen people goign to major spots such as Megan's Bay and don't stop fro photo ops.

There is a line up of them at Megans also to take you back to downtown or the port. Paradise Point is about a 5 mi walk from port.

As necruiser stated you'll want to get off the ship as early as possible and just head for the taxis and locate one heading to Magens. You'll be sharing a safari taxi with a group of up to 25 ppl and most drivers will stop for a photo op at Drake's Seat and/or the overlook on Skyline Drive on the way to or from Magens. Request Drake's Seat before getting into the taxi, shouldn't be a problem.

Taxi from Havensight to Magens and return should be about $16pp roundtrip give or take.

The tram to Paradise Point is a short walk across the street from the cruise doc (not Paradise Point as necruiser stated athough I'm sure they meant the tram). Yes you want to purchase the tram tickets from your excursions desk.

For timing you should be able to enjoy a very nice 4 hours at Magens (8 or 8:30 - 12 or 12:30) and get to the tram by 1PM and to PP in time for a lunch and Bailey's Bushwacker. It's a 10 min walk back to the ship or you can allow extra time for shopping at the havensight dock.

Have a great cruise!

• 9 months later...

I lined up a private taxi service for our trip in March on the Valor. It is the same cost as a public taxi with us being able to make a few extra stops that we want to do. Similar to yours. You may need a few more people to make it worth his while but you could post on your roll call and see if there is any interest from others.

If you want his info PLMKI.

• 2 weeks later...
I lined up a private taxi service for our trip in March on the Valor. It is the same cost as a public taxi with us being able to make a few extra stops that we want to do. Similar to yours. You may need a few more people to make it worth his while but you could post on your roll call and see if there is any interest from others.

If you want his info PLMKI.

Can I get more info about the private taxi? I don't know how to message you though :( Perhaps you could email me? Lisa at lkeleher2000@yahoo.com